Checking to see who is in Indy

wtmmoorem
on 2/28/16 5:49 pm
VSG on 03/08/16

I am having surgery on 3/8. I was just wanting to check in to see who was around. 

littlerocknettie
on 3/4/16 12:35 pm
Revision on 12/23/15

Where are you having surgery?  I had RNY on 12/23/15 at St. Vincent's and my husband is having his surgery there on 3/7/16...

Marie Campbell

Peru Indiana

wtmmoorem
on 3/6/16 5:40 am
VSG on 03/08/16

St Vincent Carmel.  My surgeon is Dr. Inman.  How are you doing with your new life?  Is your husband getting nervous?  I will be sure to keep him in my thoughts tomorrow.  

wtmmoorem
on 3/15/16 4:17 am
VSG on 03/08/16

Marie, I just thought I would check in with you to see how your husband was doing...

JessBerisford
on 4/1/16 10:46 am
VSG on 05/16/16

Hi! I am having surgery at St. V in Carmel on May 16th in a little over 6 weeks! How are things going for you?

wtmmoorem
on 4/2/16 5:29 am
VSG on 03/08/16

I am doing great!  Down 25 pounds as of this morning, I am 25 days post op - so I have averaged a pound a day.  I loved being up there in Carmel.  Their staff is amazing.  I had such a great experience.  If you have any questions or there is anything you just want to ramble about hit me up.  I wish you the absolute best of luck!! 

JessBerisford
on 4/2/16 6:41 am
VSG on 05/16/16

Thank you for your kind words! I am nervous about the surgery but excited at the same time. I am just ready for the date to get here and start this new chapter of my life and leave the old behind. After your surgery how many days did you stay at the hospital?

wtmmoorem
on 4/2/16 7:04 am
VSG on 03/08/16

I was there for 2 nights. My blood pressure dropped significantly so I almost stayed a third.  But at the last minute it straightened up.  Nerves are to be expected.  You will be great!  You have a good support system in Carmel. It really is life changing.  No one at my job knew what surgery I had and its great to hear them compliment me on my weight loss.  It's motivating.  You will be great!!

JessBerisford
on 4/2/16 7:10 am
VSG on 05/16/16

My work knows that I will be having it done. There are a hand full of my coworkers that are really supportive and one has had the surgery already and she is two years out so I have a lot of support at work. At home my husband, best friend, mom and sister are always there for me and have already said that they will be there to support me so that makes me feel better about making such a big change. 

When I spoke with the surgeon he stated I would only be in the hospital one night. I think that is because I am younger and do not have any health issues at the moment so he thinks it will go very smoothly with no issues for me. I am praying that he is right! While my co workers at work are being supportive about this change, management is not. So I was just curious how long others stayed in the hospital and were out of work. How long did you wait until you got back into work?

wtmmoorem
on 4/2/16 7:44 am
VSG on 03/08/16

My surgery was late in the day, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I had no health issues at all prior to surgery.  

I had surgery on Tuesday, took a week off, the following Tuesday I went to work half days, and the week after I started all days.  I know everyone heals differently but this worked really good for me.  This was my first week back at work and although I was exhausted I managed, even worked overtime.

Most Active
Recent Topics