question about clothing exchange

heather_walker
on 1/12/06 3:49 am - indianapolis, IN
hello ladies...question...im interested in possibly coming...one big thing though...before i can have surgery, i have too go thru this 18 month diet program thru st francis in this new clinic they started...so that means 1 and 1/2 yrs before potential surgery...am i still able too be a part of the support groups, the get togethers, the clothing exchanges although it could be that long before i get too have my surgery, IF im able too still have it at that point, maybe ill get lucky and loose the 150 lbs before that 18 months is up LOL...anyways, i dont have smaller clothes too offer, but i do have some 26/28's that dont fit me like i want them too...do u normally get those sizes given at the exchange?
Linda Kay
on 1/12/06 4:44 am - Mooresville, IN
You know what... I dont think we need alot that size.. but you are more than welcome to come pick out some new ones that size if you need them.. Those are the sizes we have left behind us.. some of us only recently... Then again... some people were in 30-32 etc and are just getting into 26's so what the heck... here is what I say.. if you want to bring them and know that anything that isnt taken will be given to charity.. then go for it... PS ladies.. my DIL: is that size and I always pick out something pretty for her... Cuz she is my favorite.. mother of triplets!!! Linda
DAN PACKARD
on 1/12/06 6:42 am - KOKOMO, IN
While on the subject of the clothing exchange. Ann and I plan to stop by if nothing else to visit for awhile and meet some new folks, especially Mr. Ed. Do you have anyone that would need big men's clothes. I emailed Angie and Ed would not benefit from any of my huge clothing. He was smaller pre op then I am now post op. I went out to Target and found a few things on sale today so picked up some smaller sizes. Went to Goodwill first but found nothing at all. I think it is a fact that big (fat) men do not get rid of the few items of clothing they have, they wear them until they wear out and drop off their body. lol Also what type of food are you looking for and do you need paper plates, etc. Let me know, I can always stop by GFS and pick some up. Dan
DEBI
on 1/12/06 10:25 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi Dan Go ahead and bring whatever clothes you have...they will be passed on to a Catholic charity that passes out clothes to the needy. So they will be put to good use Bring any kind of food you like....there will be pre-ops there too who can eat anything. We usually try to do high-protein, low-sugar items...like cheese and crackers, fruit plates, refried beans and chips....stuff like that. I am bringing a gallon of Crystal-Lite and cups. Not sure about plasticware....Angie usually has tons of that stuff. I think I need to make a post and ask what everyone is bringing eh?
jellyin
on 1/12/06 12:42 pm - Indianapolis, IN
oooh i can not wait till sat...i wanna meet everyone and then i wanna see the ones i already know..i will go shopping tomorrow and pick up some odds and ends for the bags..oooh my dog is gassey and laying under my desk,....UCK
Silkyheart
on 1/12/06 1:43 pm - IN
Hi Linda...I thought I saw somewhere that you are from Mooresville...that's great, maybe we'll run into each other one of these days!!! Hey, about the clothing exchange post...I'm a SSBBW, and I'm still wearing alot of my clothes because they are stretchy, but I'm a 6X, so as far as those 26/28's...alot of you all may be out of them, but there's still some of us big girls out there...and big boys too!!! I don't know if I'll make it or not, but I'm going to try. Maybe just to socialize, because I don't have any clothing to bring at this time. Thanks for organizing this exchange, you all are so helpful with everything, I appreciate all of your posts and work you do and hope to be helping you one of these days when I get some energy...it's starting to come!!! Hopefully I'll meet you next Tuesday at Support Group!!! Can you tell me where Speedway Library is??? Talk to you soon...thanks again for everything!!! ~~~ Shari
DEBI
on 1/12/06 8:00 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Shari...please come to the exchange It is all free and you don't have to bring clothes to participate...your day will come when you will have a lot of clothes to donate as you shrink and shrink!!! I started these exchanges to enable all of us to get some transition clothes on our way down to our shrunken bodies because I could not have afforded to buy a new wardrobe every month. And trust me...you will be able to get some great things in size 28-30 that you will be able to wear very soon!!! And since you are right there in Mooresville (I'm a westsider too)...there is no excuse not to come...so come on out on the 21st and meet everyone!!! You will get to meet all the Melting Hoosiers (you are one now too ) Hope to see you next weekend!!!!!!!!!
DEBI
on 1/12/06 6:16 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi Heather Our circle of friends is open to everyone We are all great group of friendly ladies/men and you are more than welcome to join us for any of our get togethers and clothing exchanges!!! Feel free to bring anything you like to the exchange...have had several request for the larger sized clothing recently by people who have just had surgery or are a few months away...and like Linda said...some were in a 32 or 5X and the 26-28 would be welcome. Just make sure they are clean and stylish and in good repair We have to say this and be picky due to the HUGE amount of clothes we get...it is amazing how many donations we get But the extras are going to go to a great charity...so bring all you want!!! Someone will certainly benefit
Most Active
Recent Topics