question

austinsmom
on 1/13/06 10:57 am - Linton, IN
Is it too early for me to drink some tomato juice? I am only 2 weeks out. Kylie
Ralph P.
on 1/13/06 11:40 am - Grabill, IN
I will give the standard answer first. It's best to call the dieticians and ask them to make sure. But, my opinion, yes it is to early, your stomach has not had enough time to completely heal and tomato juice has too much acid in it for you new young pouch. I hope this helped, better safe than sorry. Please, take your time introducing new food and liquids. Butch
Godswarriorlady
on 1/13/06 11:44 am - Indianapolis, IN
I would say yes because of all the acid in the juice...........your new pouch is tender and may not due well with it.
Linda Kay
on 1/13/06 8:01 pm - Mooresville, IN
Drink Juicy Juice instead... and I even watered that down the first month!!! Be careful!! that pouch is the best thing that ever happened to you and you HAVE to take care of it!! Linda
jellyin
on 1/13/06 10:04 pm - Indianapolis, IN
seems to me it is on eds list of things he can drink...he was told to only drink juices the first few weeks, then no more due to the calories in them..with me now it would have made me ill..but about anything i ate or drank those first months made me bring it back up and tomato based anything uck...
DEBI
on 1/13/06 10:04 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Check your Yellow Sheet...I don't think that is one of the foods listed Too acidic this early out.....don't want to rupture that staple line****ouch***** But you can always call the Dietitian and ask them....they can give ya the low down If you are craving something salty..have ya tried some beef or chicken broth? How are you feeling so far? Hugs to ya
austinsmom
on 1/14/06 1:17 am - Linton, IN
Feeling great and down 16 pounds as of today. Thank you all for the advice Kylie
Godswarriorlady
on 1/14/06 11:18 am - Indianapolis, IN
16 lbs...you go girl!!!!!! Everyone was right.....call your dietrician........my pouch was very picky for several months...actually I am eight months out and it still is......one day I can eat something and the next,...OMG.........but I love the tool!!!! Like Linda said .,...it is a great thing!!!!! God bless and keep up the good work!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics