Approaching Surgery

smangie
on 1/19/06 5:27 am - MOORESVILLE, IN
Hi, Everyone!! I am new to your website and have found it a true blessing. I am scheduled for my surgery this coming Monday, January 23rd with Dr. Evanson at St. Vincents Carmel. I am feeling many, many emotions...mostly excitement. But, at the same time, I am very scared!! Does anyone out there have any words of encouragement or comfort?? I do have some comfort in that a friend of mine is having surgery at St. Vincents Carmel on the same day. We even did our Nutrition class together. So, we will be there to support each other. Would love to hear from you... Angie
robandshell
on 1/19/06 8:27 am - Amo, IN
Just remember that this is the start of a new you! I know one thing that encouraged me the most was seeing before and after pics.. that always made me say wow I am going to be one of them in less than a year!! I have mine on my profile if you want to look.. Michelle
jellyin
on 1/19/06 9:18 am - Indianapolis, IN
keep thinking only good thoughts.get up and walk...
Ellenchanged
on 1/19/06 9:47 am - Thorntown, IN
Angie, You will do fine! I met a gal thru the SG that had surgery the same day, & we did "laps" together. WALK!!! Even if you can do only a 1/2 lap at first, keep on doing it. It does ease the pain, & is great to chart your laps as you go. (I did 50 by the time I went home.) Be sure to ask for the protein shakes;popsicles; (banana-yummy); & drink your water. We too**** chips & ate them when we walked. SIP-SIP-SIP. They will take good care of you there at St. V's & are so great!! Oh, if you need it, ask for liquid Loratab- it was a life-saver for me as far as pain goes. You will see how well you are doing in no time!! You have my thoughts & prayers. (((((hugs))))) Ellen
DEBI
on 1/19/06 8:35 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Angie, please come to the clothing exchange tomorrow...you will get to meet most of us who post here and you can see the results in the post-ops who will be there. You can pick our brains too It is going to start at 11AM and it will be at Free Methodist Church of Mooresville, 20 Star Ln Mooresville IN 46158. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!
smangie
on 1/20/06 3:33 am - MOORESVILLE, IN
Thank you for all of your words of encouragement and advice. I will try and stop by the clothing exchange tomorrow (which is only a few blocks from where I live...) so that I can meet some of you. Thanks! Angie
Lesa34
on 1/20/06 12:36 pm - Fishers, IN
Angie, I am having surgery on the 24th! Please feel free to email me or stop in my room and say Hi. I will be at the clothing exchange tomorrow as well. Hope to see you there. Best Wishes, Lisa D.
Most Active
Recent Topics