Surgery Date set

ETChamp
on 2/2/06 11:00 am - Bloomington, IN
After a long time of waiting on my insurance company, the date is set for april 5th at 8:30 AM. Vicki (with Dr. Inman) has sat me up with an earlier appointment and told me that i need to get scheduled for pre-op testing.....can anyhelp enlighten me as to what im in for with all the pre-op stuff? What all is done?
Ellenchanged
on 2/2/06 11:21 am - Thorntown, IN
Troy, Welcome~!!!! You will be on the "losing side" in no time!!!! I had Dr. Inman also. You can't get a better Dr. in MY opinion! I had the usual pre-opt testing; stress test;blood work;lung test;upper GI; & pre-opt class. If wasn't that bad;all done in a day for me. Try to ask Colleen to set it up for you that way,it sure was easier since I live 35 mi. away. I wish you all the best, & if you have any questions there are alot of people here to help. Dan is a great guy to "chat "with. Good luck in everything ~ Ellen
taylormade
on 2/2/06 11:31 am - Indianapolis, IN
Hi Ellen, What is the stress test? Thanks, Melissa
taylormade
on 2/2/06 11:26 am - Indianapolis, IN
Congratulations on your surgery date Troy. I had my pre-op testing last Thursday, and I had the following: Ultrasound (checked gallbladder, liver, kidney's) Chest X-ray Upper GI (with barium, yummy) Bloodtests EKG Then I met with the internal medicine doctor who had to clear me for the surgery. It wasn't bad at all, and I was glad that it was scheduled all in one day. Good luck in your journey, and keep us updated. Melissa LAP RNY 2/14/06
ETChamp
on 2/2/06 12:32 pm - Bloomington, IN
as with me....i live south of bloomington and Vicki/Colleen are trying to get it all done in one day. Thanks for the replies.
jellyin
on 2/2/06 7:11 pm - Indianapolis, IN
great news, your gonna be a loser and a male to boot....i think we chase men off as there are so many of us...females...but now you stick around and pre ops are just something for you to do and get some exercise, LMAO one place to another all morning for me..i only had blood work done, chest x ray along with an upper gi which i think they give to you just cos they can and they like to make you suffer drinking their idea of a MILK SHAKE...lol.
Linda Kay
on 2/2/06 7:11 pm - Mooresville, IN
Hey Troy... I know I am being sexist but you are a guy arent you?? We NEED More guys in the Hoosier Loosers!!! Dan and Ed will be sooo happy you have joined the ranks!! If you need encouragement look for Packer Dan!!! But VERY SOON he will be needing to change his user name to Sexy Dan!!! The rate he is loosing!!! The tests are no biggy... you do some blowing and hyperventalating and x rays and get oked for the best day of your life that will change you forever!!!! Keep in touch!! Linda
DEBI
on 2/2/06 7:51 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Congrats Troy...I have ya in the calendar for a gift bag and visit after your surgery. Time will fly by....ya gonna be a looser before ya know it!!!!
ETChamp
on 2/2/06 8:15 pm - Bloomington, IN
Linda, all guy here. Ive been looking around to find more people from Indiana. Even looking for support groups in this area. They have to help and since i work till 6 pm, i need to find some closer to home. Its about an hour and 45 minutes to St. V's one way. Is there anything that i need to start looking for now (supplies,etc) to help get it out of the way? I have a freind that owns the local gym and he said to get a list of what i might be needing vitami and protein wise and he can help me locate the stuff in bulk. Im hoping to save some money with that one.
Linda Kay
on 2/3/06 8:46 pm - Mooresville, IN
Multivitamin Liquid if you can find a kind you like is good.. I used GNC cranberry based for the first 6 weeks.. most people use Flinstones chewable with iron.. Dietitian reccommends. Biotin, B-1, b-12, calcium citrate, PROTIEN!!! any added protien you can handle.. I personally dont have a favorite but if you post a note asking about protien drinks you will get a ton of responses of peoples favorites... I see Dan answered you, He is awesome!!! such a survivor!!! The firsttime I met him was on his surgery day and then I saw him in a wheel Chair at Christmas and HE WALKED into the clothing exchange in January!!!! I live in Mooresville and there are several of us on the south west side of Indy that get together.. You will have to read and join us sometime.. We will be at Indys on Lynhurst close to the airport at 7 tonight.. If the roads stay driveable... I really have to watch catching a cold.. I have Knee surgery on Monday Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics