WESTERN KS PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

Barbara F.
on 5/15/03 8:02 am - Southwest, KS
hi, I am in Wetern Kansas (pre wls) and there are literally no support groups that I know of out here. Is there anyone in this area that would like to start something or who has any suggestions??? I will travel! We need to get a support group started here. I know of five other people who have had wls in Western KS, but no suppport groups. I know there are many more interested and probably a ton of people who have already had wls. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?!?! I would really love to get to know you.
Click
on 5/15/03 1:15 pm
HERE, HERE, HERE I AM! What part of BFE (aka western) Kansas are you in? You don't get much further than Elkhart and I would be here! LOL So add me to your list of people who've had WLS. So true about the lack of support groups! I see you are using a surgeon in KCK (my hometown, BTW). I used Liv-Lite in Junction City and simply can't say enough wonderful things about EVERYONE there! I'm 6 hours from there and they have their monthly meetings on Tuesdays. I did the drive one time during the school year and it's too hard to make the drive back in time to be at work the next day. I most certainly would attend it if I lived much closer. I'm so going to them this summer though. Looking forward to talking with you.
KAREN R.
on 6/18/03 4:51 pm - GOODLAND, KS
Hi, Barbara. Guess who? I was pleasantly surprised to find you on this page of Kansas people. I'm still waiting for a reply to my last e-mail to you. Anyway, back to the subject of support groups, Terry and I have decided we are going to run an ad on Channel 9 and S&T advertising channel for people who have had wls or are interested in learning more about it to give us a call to see what kind of a response we get. Even if it isn't alot to begin with, I think we will still get together with those who are interested in starting a support group, because I still think there is a lot of support that can be offered and stories to be shared. I would love it if you would join us when we figure out when we will get together. Were you serious when you said you were willing to travel for it? We will probably run the ad next week for a week and see what response we get. I think I will see about posting an ad on this page, too, just to cover more area. We may be surprised at how many people there are in the surrounding area that have had wls or are in the process of getting it done. I hope to hear from you again real soon. Oh, by the way, for all the people out there who don't know me, I live in Goodland, the very northwest corner of Kansas. I'd love to hear from others in the area.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6516 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6419 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7871 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6904 views