Practicing what I preach!!!!

Deanna_K
on 11/12/03 6:04 am - Sandy, OR
Okay...I'm kinda tired of seeing MY face on the boards today...BUT I'm going to practice what I preach and give an update on me.... Went to my support group meeting in J.C. and weighed...I'm 2 DAMN lbs from losing 200... I was really upset. SOOO I took my measurements...136 inches are off this TUSHIE!!!!! That made me feel MUCH better!!!! I'll take inches over lbs ANY day. I'm still in a size 20 jeans, but they are getting loose. I'm getting a new "DO" this weekend and am really looking forward to it!!!! A girl ALWAYS feels better after a cut and a color!!! I still can't believe this is happening to me and I am still really having a hard time seeing it all the time...and of course compliments are hard to take...I just don't know how to take them without getting embarrassed or uncomfortable...I guess we ALL need to practice taking a compliment(we're all just getting tooo GEORGEOUS!!) I have to say a couple of things about my Sharon...I could NEVER have done this with out her...she's just simply become a part of me (and our husbands...god help them...are just stuck with it!!!). I hope you all can find somebody in your journey that can understand you as well as Sharon gets me and as I get her, on this whole surgery thing. Reach out and make a connection with somebody who is going through this...no one else, not your hubby, your best friend..NO ONE will get you like a surgery buddy...Hell, who else are you gonna be able to discuss bodily functions with COMFORTABLY...no matter what function it is!!!!! OKAY...I'm gettin' outta here... LOVE YOU and BIG HUGS Deanna
Cherie A.
on 11/12/03 12:39 pm - Overland Park, KS
Wow!!! That is totally awesome and inspiring!!!! Congratulations! cherie
Click
on 11/12/03 7:26 pm
I can come beat the heck outta those 2 lbs. if you want?? That's the type of friend I am...I'll get those 2 lbs. to get off your butt! ROFLMAO I'm with you about losing those inches chicky! Would you have ever imagined losing that many inches this time last year?? That is so freakin cool! I, of course, totally agree...ALL PRE-OPS PLEASE TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS RIGHT BEFORE SURGERY AND MEASURE EACH MONTH. I of course am a fan of the monthly pic too. I took mine so I could see my monthly progress but it hasn't helped me as much as it has helped other people see the progress. Grrr. I bought my digital camera for the main purpose of taking those monthly pics because I did not want them developed at the store each month. If you pre-ops are the same way or are just plain camera shy (a lot of pre-ops are), I suggest getting a disposable camera that you use each month and then get it developed several months down the road. You won't be near as self-conscious about getting those pics back after you've lost say 50+ lbs! Deanna you are so right about finding a surgery buddy and our hubbies! Poor guys, just shake their heads when they see the caller ID flash our numbers. No sense in thinking it will be a quick call because it never is. Of course it's best if you can find someone who is having surgery with the same surgeon as you so you can meet at the hospital, but if not hopefully you can find someone with a relatively close date. Of course many of us who are more post-op than you will always be willing to talk, answer questions but it's not the same as someone who is going through the EXACT same thing with you at about the EXACT same time too. The person you will tell that OMG you will not believe how/where I dumped at that I will NEVER tell anyone else about. I have to say that I REALLY miss not being able to go to the support group meetings. It's just too hard to make that trip during the middle of the week on a school night. I miss the people who I only see every few months (especially when they don't post...HINT-HINT ppl!!) and enjoy the chance to talk shop with all of them. Of course it definitely makes me appreciate the meetings I am able to attend!! Big hugs to all, Sharon
Deanna_K
on 11/12/03 11:53 pm - Sandy, OR
I was kinda thinkin' we could get one of those cute HOCKEY players to do it for me when you come down next weekend!!!! But as hard as I'm workin' my patrons at the Y this week I SERIOUSLY doubt those 2 DAMN lbs are gonna be here by then...
Dawn K.
on 11/13/03 6:11 am - Hendersonville, TN
Deanna! You are such an inspiration! I love you! I am so proud of what you have accomplished and I am so thankful to call you my friend! I wouldn't worry about those two pounds, as frustrating as they are, you will get there and it will be SWEET when you finally do! I can't wait to see you with your new "do" although, I don't know how they are going to improve on how beautiful you already are! Sharon really is amazing isn't she! She looks fabulous too and has worked so hard to get where she is at! I am so lucky to have met the two of you. You both have inspired me incredibly! Sharon... I am so sorry i haven't emailed you in forever. It's been crazy at my job too. I hope you know that you are never far from my thoughts! I also have made friends with my "hospital buddy" Greg. It has really helped me get through some rough times having him to talk to about everything! I can understand why ya'll became so close! Hugs to you all... i'll try and post more often! (or at least read the boards more often!) Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6494 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6400 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7853 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6888 views