Why, why why do I do this.........

Eve
on 7/25/06 4:50 am - Randolph , MA
To myself!!!!!1 I had been doing real good lately eating solid protein really cutting back on carbs, and sugar. You know eating like a bandster, I have lost some more weight been feeling great and then what do I do???!!!............................ SCREW IT ALL UP!!!! I have been eating like crazy again, soda just a bit over the weekend, but on top of that I had beer and apple martinis, fried chicken, mac and cheese.......I even had ice cream. This is bad....real bad. Trust me this is a short version of what I have eaten theres been more. I need to get back on track. My last fill was 3 weeks ago 5th one. I don't know if I have full restriction yet, but I do know that I am not eating way as much as I used to, so what the heck, why am I doing this? I have lost 60 pounds I feel great I still have more to lose and I sabotage myself this way...AAAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHH so aggravating!!!!!!! HELP ,ADVICE, A SWIFT KICK IN THE A** ANYONE???? banded 11/21/2005 lost 60 pounds 233/173/135 From a size 22 to a 10 so far.........
A C.
on 7/25/06 5:00 am - Marietta, GA
Hi Evelyn, Let me start by saying you are beautiful!! You should be really proud of your self for losing 60 pounds!! That is GREAT! TRY NOT TO BEAT YOUR SELF UP!! Yes I know you're probably thinking....that's easy for me to say! I am not banded yet but I have my approval so I am just waiting on my "date" At least you know what you need to do so just think of losing the rest of your weight and get back on track. Next year this time you'll really be a hottie!! We know you can do it, you've already proved that! Maybe you do need a little more restriction? Have you ask your doctor about it? I wish you all the luck in the world! I can't wait to be where you are! hugs, Ann
Kristi
on 7/25/06 5:00 am - North, TX
Evelyn, I have had this problem too. I still have it. I have found that when I completely deny myself something I eat way more of it than I should. I fell off the wagon for about 6 months, way off it! I drank Dr Pepper every day, I baked all the time and ate my products (LOL) and had a bad case of denial. Good for you for recognizing that you didn't eat all that great this weekend! Find your focus again and try not to be terribly hard on yourself. You are doing well! 60 pounds isn't and easy task hun! Keep your chin up and jump on this wagon with me! Kristi -2 since starting over
Marti~Lynne
on 7/25/06 7:34 am - Northwest, MO
***HIJACK*** Kristi! How have you been? Haven't seen you in a long while and I've been wondering about you. Sounds like your back on the bandwagon Good to see you again! Marti 314/226/under 200
kw
on 7/25/06 5:33 am
maybe you just need a break from always "being good" and enjoy life! You are on the same loss I am and I started a YEAR before you!!! relax - accept your loss, be happy, enjoy life. dont stress about losing more and it will just "come" HTH banded 11/1/04 237 / 173 / 140 goal maintained 180 8/05 to 3/06 w/o fill or restriction - band helps maintain loss! I am a little jealous as well - I am in a snug 12 (was snug 18) - have not even thought about size 10 yet!!! the 12's have just been over the last month or so! I am 5'2" and weight is in the belly so they may fit the legs and but yet never want to butten! I am not losing sizes like you are either - boohoo for me!
mikedanziger
on 7/25/06 5:36 am
I am going through my own version of what your are going through. I am six weeks post op I have my first fill 8/8/2006. In the last two weeks i could not eat enough. No poor food choices but too much of good choices. I think the reason i am doing it is i am scared that people are seeing a new me and it is kicking off fears that i will have to compleatly change. or maybe I am throwing a temper tamtrum for some reason. I hope this helps we all do things for different reasons and if we all support each other it may make our slip ups not so bad My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go along your jounery.
Kate -True Brit
on 7/25/06 5:36 am - UK
Why do you do it? Same reason we all do - we are recovering food addicts! But you have taken not just a few steps but SUPERB steps towards changing your life. Helen posted the quote below some time ago and I liked it so much I copied it as my motto! Gerald A. Cahill M.D." "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in. Forget them as soon as you can." Or as Scarlett O' Hara put it "Tomorrow is another day" I am sure you will get yourself back on track. Good luck! Kate
Eve
on 7/25/06 5:56 am - Randolph , MA
I know I say these same things to myself, but I mean really it's been over 8 months now and I should know better!!!!!
Valerie Tammy J.
on 7/25/06 5:57 am - Little Rock, AR
Hi, I did this to myself on Friday on Saturday when I was having a disappointing vacation (2 kids in my bed in the same room as me and hubby and it rained 3 days) I ate so much crap that I havent' eaten.. I go to Overeaters anonymous for 15 years (maintained my weigth through my 20's) and what I learned is to share (called my sponser, my sister and posted here) get the support I need and move foward. If you don't share it you wear it! You just did the first step..Don't let this disease suck the life out of you..I believe we are all food addicts but we can live in recovery one day at a time. Progress not perfection. Tammy
Eileenw
on 7/25/06 6:25 am - MI
"sabotage myself" is my middle name. That is why I love my band. I can always start again! Did you say apple martinis and fried chicken? Can I come to your house? I probably can't eat the chicken (really tight right now) but how about that ice cream, any left? All joking aside, you are doing a wonderful job. Just get back to the bandster ways and you will be fine. Eileen
Most Active