4th fill - am I too tight?

A C.
on 3/8/07 4:33 am - Marietta, GA
Hi All, I just had my forth fill...he added .5cc's for a total of 4.25cc's in my 4cc band. Up to this point, I've not had any problems, not felt to tight, and thankfully I've never thrown up. I am losing very slow with no weight loss in the past two weeks.  SO.......today I went for my check up and he thought I needed a "tweak" and gave me a small fill.... My question is (for those who have experienced this) Could I be too tight? I know it's hard to really tell until you start eating solid food again but when I drink water I can feel pressure. I instantly feel like I need to burp. Is this because I'm not used to being this tight or because of the swelling or am I just too tight? I'm not asking for medical advise here....just your thoughts and opinions. Thanks in advance!  AC
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/07 5:00 am - Northern, VA
Lap Band on 09/30/05 with
Hello AC, It appears you just got your fill today so it will be very hard to help you determine if you are overfilled at this point. Most bansters have post fill swelling which WILL cause even liquids to move down slowly. But the bottom line you should ALWAYS be able to keep liquids down after a fill. If after 5 days after a fill and all the post fill swelling has subsided and you began to introduce solids back into your diet and if you take pea size bites and chew to mush and you still have pain and or frequent PBing/vomiting and heartburn/reflux when eating solids this is an indication that you are probably too tight. Also remember fills kick in at different times, sometimes people feel them right away and sometimes people feel them weeks later, but it seems like you are already feeling the affects of your fill. Also, sometimes you could also get even tighter than you are, so be careful and go slowly and if at anytime you are not able to swallow your spit, you are dangerously too tight and this requires an emergency unfill. Sometimes very tight fills will loosen after weight loss and sometimes they don't, I will never give folks advice again whether to keep a tight fill or not, this should be left up to YOU and your doctor, but my only advice would be to go very slowly and see how things go, my personal RULE to remove saline if I experience the danger zone which is frequent PBing/vomiting, heartburn/reflux. Take Care N
A C.
on 3/8/07 5:16 am - Marietta, GA
Hi Naomi, Thanks so much for the quick reply. I've not felt my first three fills instantly like I have this one. I can swallow my spit but I am burping almost non stop..... I think I'll be calling my doctor for any unfill in the morning if things don't change. You look great! Keep up the good work!! Thanks again! Ann
Most Active