Leg Pain

sdineen
on 3/31/07 9:09 am - Benton, ME
I am having really bad leg pain today. It's like muscle spasms/cramps. I took some pain meds and my DH rubbed me with muscle rub (PEE EWWW!). Should I be concerned for DVT. My DH suggested it 's just the gas pain moving thru my body
Stacey   355/348/325/175--highest/surgery day/current/goal
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/07 9:11 am - Big Sky Country, ID
I wouldn't worry about DVT if there is no warmth or redness to the area.  That is the first indication of a DVT.  I've never heard of gas in the legs, but I guess I'm open to learning new things every day...that would be strange :) Dee
SandyR
on 3/31/07 9:13 am, edited 3/31/07 9:15 am - Portland, OR
I see you are very newly post-op. I'd like you to call your doc now to discuss this. We always have to be concerned about blood clots in the legs in the post-op periods. they usually cause pain in one leg only,  but we can take NO chances here. Please sit down and do not walk at all until you talk WITH your doc.  Swelling and redness with a DVT comes after the circulation is blicked for a time, not immediately.   Gas pain don't affect the legs, only the belly, chest, and shoulders. Sandy r at goal x 3+ yrs

DISCLAIMER:  Any suggestions or comments are not intended as medical advice, but only as general information. Please always contact your own surgeon or his staff for any specific problems or concerns you are having. Although I have many years as a medical professional and band educator,  I offer suggestions here only  as an experienced Bandster. 
Sharon T.
on 3/31/07 9:15 am - Southern , WI
Stacey, I don't think it would be DVT. When I had that, my left leg swelled up and it was SO tight, I couldn't bend it. if it isn't better by Monday, i'd for sure call my doctor, hon!

At goal, 155 bs. Started at 290. 7 years out! WAHOO~ 

sdineen
on 3/31/07 9:22 am - Benton, ME
It's more like bad cramps and there is no swelling and my legs are cold. Maybe just  too much walking or something!
Stacey   355/348/325/175--highest/surgery day/current/goal
Sharon T.
on 3/31/07 9:26 am - Southern , WI
Stacey, I agree with Sandy, I think you should call your doctor now! Can't hurt to play it safe, hon! Let us know when you can, dear!

At goal, 155 bs. Started at 290. 7 years out! WAHOO~ 

wen
on 3/31/07 9:31 am - Manchester, NH
oh you know..I have had that on my outer thigh before.   And I still get it once in awhile.  Never have figured out why I do that other than maybe muscle spasms.
Connie B.
on 3/31/07 9:19 am - Antelope, CA
I've had a DVT and it was in my calf area.  It took several days to swell but never really turned hot or red.  Anyways, its something to keep an eye on since you did just have the surgery.  Keep your legs moving..even when you are sitting or laying down.  If it gets worse I would definitely be seen as DVTs are not something to mess around with. 
Connie
Sacramento CA
374/314/170ish

Vicki S.
on 3/31/07 9:31 am
What is DVT ?
JTilly
on 3/31/07 1:38 pm
Here's my non-medical understanding: DVT = deep vein thrombosis.  Basically a blood clot, often in the leg.

Jen
237.1/211/130
I love my band!

Most Active