suggestions needed please - I'm struggling!!!!!

A C.
on 4/9/07 2:20 am - Marietta, GA

Hello Everyone,

I’m writing today for advise, opinions, and suggestions. After all, this board is for support, right?

I was banded 10-03-06, I’ve lost about 40 pounds so far and I’ve had 4 fills.

My problem is that I am very frustrated because of how SLOWWWWW I am losing.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for the 40 I’ve lost and very thankful for my band but I feel like it’s such a struggle and maybe it’s because of something I’m doing or not doing. I've only lost like 2 pounds in the last 6 weeks!!

I’m trying to be positive and stay focused but it’s getting really hard….

I don’t think I need another fill at this time. I am currently at 3.25cc’s in my 4cc band. It’s weird, some days I feel like I could eat a horse but some days I am so tight ****il the evening) that I can’t eat solid foods. I know stress affects our band so maybe that’s why I’m a lot tighter on some days then others.

I am going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I know it wouldn’t hurt to increase that!!!

I just feel like with all of the changes (for the better) I’ve made in my diet and the exercising, I should have lost more by now or at least be losing each week.

I am always careful to get in my protein each day and drink LOTS of water. The one thing that I do, which I know doesn’t help is that I drink a glass of sweet tea almost everyday. That’s one habit I haven’t broken!!

Has anyone else felt like this or had the same experience? I appreciate any suggestions or advise.  

Thanks!!

AC

JazzysGirl
on 4/9/07 2:29 am - North, GA
Hi Ann!!  In response to your post I would ask you if you are tracking your consumed calories for the day.  You might suprise yourself and find that you are not eating enough to lose.  Our bodies hold on to weight when we don't fuel it enough.   Try tracking your intake for a week on a site like sparkpeople.com and analyze the data you collect.   Would you be interested in getting together one weekend for lunch or shopping?   Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

A C.
on 4/9/07 2:40 am - Marietta, GA
Hey Girl!!! It's great to hear from you! And by the way, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!! Yes, I'd love to get together! I'll send you a PM soon. :) hugs, Ann
Most Active