OCT/NOV 2006 Bandsters... How many fills have you had?

Lisakfrompa
on 5/9/07 6:09 am - PA

Hello Fellow Bandsters.  I was curious as to how many fills you have had.  I was banded on Oct. 24th and I have only had 2 small fills.  Weight loss has been slow and I'm hungry more often than not.  I was due for my 3rd fill today and I got a call less than an hour before cancelling telling me the doctor was on vacation.  I was not happy .  The earliest they could take me now is May 30th.  I'll be 7 mos post op when I go. I'm trying not to get discouraged.  It seems like my doctor is a little conservative on the fills.  

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."

Val-3
on 5/9/07 6:13 am - CA
Ugh I wouldnta been happy either! Its happened to me before, just not with the band Dr.  I was banded in Nov. and I have had 3 fills. first fill was 1.5 second was .50 third was .25 so 2.25 total in my 4cc band.

Valerie

Valerie 

4th of july challenge SW252/CW244.9/GW230

Lisakfrompa
on 5/9/07 6:22 am - PA
Thanks for the reply.  You've had great weight loss.  CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!  I hope that another fill will help me with mine.

Holly O.
on 5/9/07 6:16 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi! I was banded on 11/2/06....I have had 5 fills. 1st One (6 Wks out) 1.00 cc in a 4 cc band 2nd One = .5 cc 3rd One = .5 cc 4th One = .5 cc 5th One = .2cc Total of 2.7 cc in my 4 cc band.  I have good restriction and am down 50 lbs.  -Holly

Lisakfrompa
on 5/9/07 6:23 am - PA

Hi Holly,  Thanks for the reply.  5 fills......wow...was that the doctors choice or yours?  Congratulations on the weight loss.....50 pounds is great !!!!

tobefitsoon
on 5/9/07 6:18 am - MS
banded 11/1/06 - VG band 1st fill - Dec 06...I think about 4.cc ? 2nd fill - Jan 07 total 5cc ? scheduled for 3rd May 23rd

Banded 11/1/06

Lisakfrompa
on 5/9/07 6:25 am - PA
Thanks for the reply.  good luck on the 23rd....hope they don't call you on the day of and cancel.   Lisa

A C.
on 5/9/07 6:22 am - Marietta, GA

Hi Lisa, I was banded on October 3rd, I've had 3 fills and 1 unfill.... First fill at 6 weeks out, 1.5cc second fill at 10 weeks out, another 1 cc for a total of 2.5cc third fill about 15 weeks out, another 1cc for a total of 3.5cc but the next day I went for a slight unfill so now I'm at about 3 - 3.25cc's in my 4cc band.. It's funny how we're all SO different....some say they would be way too tight at 3.25 but I am fine...usually very tight for the first few hours in the morning....pretty good restriction althought some days I think I could eat a horse!! I'm a slow loser too, I feel. Some days it's a challange to be positive and stay focused. Good luck!!! AC

Lisakfrompa
on 5/9/07 6:29 am - PA
Thanks for the reply AC.  Hang in there.  Slow and steady wins the race......we'll get there....it just might take us a little longer than the rest.  Congrats on the weight loss you had so far!  Lisa

MaryMac
on 5/9/07 6:30 am - Canada
Hi Lisa, You are doing well with your weight loss!  I go for my fifth on Friday and hope this will be the one I have been waiting for.  The one where I feel some restriction.  RIght now I have to stop myself from eating and feel like I am dieting.  I have only had small fills but am happy with that b/c I am terrified of what happens with overfills.  You might want to speak with your doc about picking up the pace a little though.  To cancel 1 hr before is rediculous.
Most Active