Kidney infection?

Janine P.
on 5/10/07 3:33 am - Long Island, NY
I'm two weeks post op and I just got a kidney infection.  Think it's related to my surgery?

Janine   Me on Youtube 

dorisp
on 5/10/07 3:41 am - San Antonio, TX
I drink cranberry juice to help... for me its a miracle aid. Doris
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/07 3:42 am - Big Sky Country, ID
I am 9 mo. out and almost ended up in the hospital on IV fluids because of a kidney infection that I let get out of control.  It started out a couple weeks ago as a UTI, and being a retired nurse I knew I should get in...but instead I took OTC Azo and drank lots of cranberry juice.  I would not say it is related to the surgery, but it is most definitely related to fluid intake.  I know I wasn't getting all my fluids in that I should have in a day....and I paid the price.  Fortunately I didn't have to go in the hospital and antibiotics cleared it up.  I don't ever want to go through that again..I felt like crap for a week or more.  I hope that you are on Cipro or something equally effective and the urine has been cultured to make sure this drug covers the infection.  I'm now devoted to getting in enough fluids a day and am loving cranberry juice (pure diet juice not cranberry ****tail) difference is huge. I am glad you are getting treated for this and hope you soon feel better.  Lots and lots of fluids hon...that is the key. Dee
laureen
on 5/10/07 3:48 am - WV
I had the same thing a little earlier than the 2 week mark. Called GYBN they call in meds. started working after first dose. Good Luck. Laureen
A C.
on 5/10/07 5:08 am - Marietta, GA

Poor thing...I'm sorry!!   I'm 7 months out and I have an UTI...OUCH! I'm taking Cipro...big pills...I break them and take them with a lot of water! I hope you feel better soon....they are SO painful! Good Luck, AC

dorisp
on 5/10/07 5:33 am - San Antonio, TX
I forgo****er water water water water Doris
Most Active