NSV = I fit in my fit hubby's jeans!

kimkimmie
on 4/19/09 8:27 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Wow... I used to fold the laundry and look at my size 28 jeans and feel bad because they were so much bigger than my hubby's size 31x30 jeans.  I wouldn't hold them up to fold because they looked twice as big as his were and I didn't want him to 'notice'.  I bought him a pair of Calvin Kleins this weekend and tried them on just for fun.  My honest first thought was these must be big... maybe they were mis-tagged somehow.  He tried them on last night and they fit him!!
~Kim 

***I was at 27 pounds lost on the day of surgery -- the loss shown on ticker includes my pre-op weight loss***
hairydo
on 4/19/09 8:56 pm - Western, NY
WOW!!!! That is a significant NSV!!!  Congratulations.  You must have been in heaven when you put them on and they fit!!  I know I would be.  But unfortunately, they would be capris on me!!!!  Someday soon I shoudl fit into my hubbies jeans as well, but they too will be capris.  Still, great great great news.  And according to your ticker, you only have 18 pounds to goal?  How super is that? You really know how to rock your band.  Congrats again. 
Tammie

Start-267.5/surgery-254/current-196.4/goal-160/height-5''10"

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/09 9:07 pm
Wowie!!! That hits SO very close to home. I'm a 22/24 at the moment and my husband wears a 31/30 as well. I so totally put myself in your shoes and felt goosebumps and gittiness rise *chuckles*

The "My honest first thought was these must be big... maybe they were mis-tagged somehow" ... I find it intreguing that we're so quick to think there's a mistake and think we're still big rather than have our minds automatically accept the fact that we've lost enough to not need the "big girl" jeans anymore!

A very significant victory indeed! Crongrats!!!
Celeste H.
on 4/20/09 12:53 am - Cedar Park, TX
Revision on 05/12/14
Great job, Kim!!! Isn't that the most wonderful feeling? I did that with my husband's jeans about a month ago, and now they're big on me. He didn't quite know what to say (especially since I had nothing else at the time that fit, and he was afraid I would take them over!)

Keep up the great work!

Celeste in Austin, TX  - Licensed Professional Counselor - Clinical Supervisor 
LapBanded February 18, 2008; 3 slips and nearly a death later, had band removal then a revision to VSG on May 12, 2014; best decision ever!!!        

Kristen C.
on 4/20/09 12:58 am - Boston, MA
OMG, that's crazy!  Where do you guys find such skinny husbands?  31inch waist, WOW!  You must feel awesome.

Way to go!!  WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Hugs,
Kristen

Most Active