i am guilty and made a stupid decision

Wendybrum
on 3/29/11 12:12 pm - Oceanside, NY
 Freaked out about a call from the heart dr. I ate a whole bowl of popcorn. My stomache bothered me all night for hours. My fault. Sometimes I fall back into old habits. No need to yell i was in enough pain to remember this forever.
I did go to Zumba tonight. 
Just needed to vent
Tomorrow is a new day.
wendy

DonaJ
on 3/29/11 12:18 pm - MA

That is the attitude to have though pick yourself up and go to Zumba.  I take a Zumba class and LOVE IT!!!!!! I have a class tomorrow

LesleeInGlastonbury
on 3/29/11 12:19 pm - CT
The popcorn caused a heart issue? Im lost i think...
Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
The "Band" isn't Around Your Head
Leslee in Connecticut
3/9/09 240 BMI 38% Body Fat 44% Size 18 Measurements 44-36-45
10/9/2010 139 BMI 22% Body Fat 12% Size 2/3 Measurements 35-27-34
Current 155 BMI 24% Body Fat 18% Size 4/5 Measurements 36-28-35
Wendybrum
on 3/29/11 1:11 pm - Oceanside, NY
 cardio dr news freaked me out so i ate popcorn.
Stupid mistake was eating the popcorn as a reaction to drs phone call.
wendy

kathkeb
on 3/29/11 1:14 pm
FIDO ---- forget it, drive on

Kath

Wendybrum
on 3/30/11 1:37 am - Oceanside, NY
 FIDO- LOVE IT 
can I use it 
wendy

kathkeb
on 3/30/11 3:18 am
Absolutely ---- I use "FIDO" all the time.

Another thing I got out of therapy was "FISO" -- Function In Spite Of ---

So, I can be scared, but I have to function in spite of my fear
I can be angry, but I have to function in spite of my anger
I can be sad, but I have to function in spite of my sadness

My therapist was big on 'setting a time limit' -- yes, you are scared about the unknown here, but maybe you can decide to spend 5 minutes a day worrying about it (set a timer if you need to) --- and then move on --- function.  You have a life to live between now and when you know what is going on.

Eating, worrying, guessing -- none of that is really going to change the cir****tance ---- so, give yourself a little time each day to fret -- and then when those thoughts pop up, tell yourself, "I will have to think about that tomorrow from 7:45 - 7:50 because I am done worrying about it today".

It helps me keep things in perspective.

FYI --- right before my surgery, I went in for an EKG and was asked, "when was your heart attack" -- I have never had a heart attack.   So, they scheduled a stress EKG and an echo.
I got a call from the nurse saying that I needed to come in to see the Cardiologist -- something was 'wrong' with my results, but she could not tell me what it was.  The appointment was 8 days later. ---- So, I got to spend 8 days trying not to freak out.
Turns out that I have a tiny little bit of aortic stenosis (heart valve does not open 100%).
He said, "on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being terrible, this is about a .5 -- less than a 1" --- and I was totally freaked for 8 days for that.
Now THAT made me want to eat ---- LOL!!!!!

Hang in there ---- nothing you can do to change things until you have more info.
Kath

Wendybrum
on 3/31/11 7:15 am - Oceanside, NY
 Thanks
wendy

D. Scott
on 3/29/11 2:22 pm
RNY with
What did the heart Dr. say that was so scary? Is everything ok? Maybe the popcorn was warranted.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Wendybrum
on 3/30/11 1:43 am - Oceanside, NY
 Well nothing to severe yet it is me being neurotic.
There was a change in my ekg from last year and this year. I have plenty of heart diesase in my family and i freaked out because he mentioned he wanted to be sure how things are because women sometimes have silent coronary diesase.
I am not a hypocondriac but I got scared. I do a nuclear ekg and echo stress on the 22nd.
Thanks for asking
Wendy

Most Active