Always hungry

MsJabel
on 5/15/11 10:40 am - PA

My surgery was last Thursday and Im on clears until next Thursday.No protein shakes until then as well. I ALWAYS HUNGRY. I just want to cry. Broth ,Jello,Popsicle, water, crystal light. I must b doing something wrong because I dont know why it feels like Im starving when I should be. this is torture.

Tarris
on 5/15/11 11:04 am
Wow, you are on clears for a week?  I would have been hungry too.  I think I was on clears for 3 or 4 days then I got to move to shakes.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  Can you call your doctor and just let him/her know that you're struggling?  Maybe they can do something for you.

coachgrrl
on 5/15/11 11:31 am
 Isopure protein drinks are clear.  I liked the grape flavor cut with a little water.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/15/11 3:00 pm
Isopures are great with a splash of SF cranberry juice and crushed ice!  You could sip on those all day!

Great idea Coachgirl!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

kathkeb
on 5/15/11 12:45 pm
A full week of clear liquids is alot.

You might want to call your doctor and ask if you can progress on to something a little 'heftier'.

If not, I will say that warm liquids always feel more satisfying to me than cold do.

So, if I had to be on clear liquids I would do
1.  warm tea in the morning
2.  strained Chicken Noodle soup -- so much better tasting to me than regular broth --- I added a  little juice from a jar of salsa to mine to make it taste more like real food -- but it still was clear and non-chunky

Keep sipping all day long ---- and add the 'hot' meals a few times a day to make you think that you have eaten.

Hang in there -- I promise that it gets better!!
Kath

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/15/11 2:58 pm
hey!  You are NOT doing anything wrong!  Stop that!  You're eating clears.  Clears are just running right through your tummy!  No wonder you're always hungry!  I can't believe you have to stay on clears for a week!  That's so difficult.  No protein in jello, popicles and the other stuff, either! 

Sorry you're so hungry!  I wish I could feed you something good!  Like a protein shake, atleast!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

donnamy3sons
on 5/15/11 6:27 pm - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13
I thought the 1st two weeks I was gonna starve to death....I thought to myself and even said to my husband "what have I done" I did liquids for 2 weeks but my liquids were 30cc of protein shake every 2 hours and any liquid in between. I ate so much broth and popsicles.....the 3rd week was better for me I was able to eat pureed....I never thought refried beans tasted to good.....hang in there it will get better......I am 15 months out and have lost 85lb and am at my goal.....you can do it:)

bubblesrn
on 5/15/11 10:49 pm
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
I actually was on clears for the 1st week and was starved towards the end of that 1st week.  I was told that I can try isopure (the light version) or bump up to 6 oz per hour each hour while I was awake of clears.  That did the trick.  Upping the liquid amounts wasnt that bad... and I did heavier things like Jello and broths all day long.
You can do it! 
But if you are still struggling, ask your surgeons office if you can bump up a little to protein shakes made with water or creamed soups until Thursday.

Take care!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

steelerfan1
on 5/15/11 11:01 pm
i was on clears for a week also like Jan said you can do it.   I sipped broth all day long as much as I wanted, ate alot of jello and it really does help .

After that I moved to more dense liquids like cream of broccoli , yogurt and things like that for another week.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

drdansgirl
on 5/16/11 5:25 am
I had my surgery on May  13, last Friday and I am the same way Hungry!!  My doctor told me that everyone is different.  I just started suger free pudding today to see how that would hold and that has really helped.  I know he said 3 or 4 days and them "TRY" to move to the next step alittle.  So far so good. Good luck.
Most Active