Ok I might be nuts but have to ask

mommynurse75
on 6/26/11 9:04 am
So I had my first fill on Friday!  Well my question is has anyone else had a very itchy abdomen? My scars have healed well and it isn't that they itch but my whole abdomen itches. I am not sure if I am crazy or if this could be due to loosing weight or what. So if I am nuts just tell me!! LOL

Lisaizme
on 6/26/11 9:18 am - TX
If you're nuts, then so am I.  Only it's not my abdomen that itches.. my back itches all the time these days.  Sometimes it's intense, but most of the time it's just a low level thing.

You might try a low dose of benadryl (diphenhydramine) if there's no contraindication to you taking it...
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Lifebeauty
on 6/26/11 10:08 am
MN75 I don't remember having any abdominal itching but its been a while since I've lost any more weight.  When I start working harder and losing weight again I get back with you.  There is no question you ask here that will make anyone think you are nuts.  Losing weight changes are bodies in all types of ways.  Take care

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

naph_jam
on 6/26/11 12:53 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Right after I get a fill, I get a small rash on my stomach around the port area.  It took me a while to figure out that it was a small reaction to the antiseptic stuff that they swirl on my belly before doing the shot.  Originally, I thought it might be the bandage because they can do that to me sometimes, then I thought it was just a reaction to the solution going in.  Then, I started paying attention and the rash is always in the shape/area of where that stuff is rubbed on.  It's not a big enough deal to me to ask them to use something else, it always goes away in a few days.

veenie73
on 6/27/11 2:07 am - Louisville, KY

You are not alone. My abdomen itches all the time.  Every since I had surgery it has been a thorn in my AZZ!!! I had my first fill on June 13th and my abdomen still itches. My dr. said it was still healing, but its has been awhile since surgery. My hubby abdomen still itches as well, he had his surgery on April 27th. I haven't tried taking anything for it because I take enought meds. But you are not NUTS. Hope your doing fine.

Lynn

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Most Active