band & heat

Jamie Z.
on 7/10/11 11:35 pm - MI
It wasn't until my last fill that I began to have any issues with anything being stuck. I have had a horrible time the past couple days. I had to pull over this am on my way to work as my protein bar got stuck. Any advice or suggestions/recipes that do well in the heat? It's supposed to be near 90 or above most of this week.

debbie H.
on 7/11/11 4:03 am - AR
My band has worked around from being tight at night (which I LOVED) to being tight at noon.  If your band has a specific time when it's tight, just adjust the type food you eat at that time.  Out temp here is 101 to 104 this week.  I eat cottage cheese, ricotta cheese recipes, refried beans etc at noon.  Eggface has some great band friendly recipes online.  One of my fav is the Rocotta Cheese Bake.  It's quick, easy and tasty, my fav combination.  Having it for lunch today.  Good Luck!

Lifebeauty
on 7/11/11 4:59 am
The best time to go on liquids is when its hot and your band don't like heat.  With me even this far out, I have to let the band decide.  Some days I just wake up feeling like its not going to accept solids.  So I don't try to force the issue any more.  I do more protein puddings and shakes until it will accept solids. Jello and watery fruit. Hope u find your happy medium.  Take care,
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

JNeary4
on 7/11/11 3:08 pm - Medford, NY
I'm really glad I saw your post. I'm new to being banded, my surgery was on 5/23/11.  For the most part I have been thinking that I need to be filled because I was eating too much. except for the past couple of days between lunch and dinner time I feel awful. It has been really hot and I didn't know the band could react with outside heat. I guess I'll try to eat lighter foods ate night and see if the works. THANKS!!!!

Most Active