Tricare

jeannemac
on 7/23/11 6:22 am
Has anybocy gotten approval from Tricare for Lap Band?  I have a small issue in tht my BMI is 38.7 and I have several co-morbidities, but am not 100 pounds over my MetLife ideal body weight.  I am really praying that they will hear my case and not automatically turn it down.
Mahana
on 7/23/11 11:19 am - AZ
I got my lap band Tuesday and I have tri care standard. Talk to your surgeon....or the person who does the insurance claims at your surgeons office. They will help you . What state are you in? My surgeons office is very accomidating
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
jeannemac
on 7/23/11 10:11 pm
I am in Texas and have my first appointment on 8/9/11.  I so appreciate your post.  I was beginning to wonder if anybody else got approved from Tricare.  I have a daughter who was approved for bypass, but she weighed over 300 pounds.  Thank you, again!  By the way, if I can be personal, did you meet the 100 pounds over weight? I am happy for you!!
Mahana
on 7/23/11 10:58 pm - AZ
Look, if you have tri care standard you should come out here to Arizona too see Dr. Terry Simpson. He is one of the best lap band surgeons in the country! His staff will do everything they can to help you through the process2!! Please Google him! They submitted approval through tri care and two days later it was approved. Two weeks later I had surgery. People come from all over the world to see this surgeon..and celebrities too.
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
jeannemac
on 7/24/11 5:07 am
I have Tricare Prime, but I truly will keep that in mind!!  I appreciate you!
Karebear79
on 7/25/11 12:05 am
I have Tricare Prime and got the band in May. It was a very simple, easy process. How far along in the process are you? Tricare will require a cardiac OR pulmonary clearance and a thyrdoid level to be done. My surgeon didn't require these so they sent all my other info off to Tricare and Tricare called them and told them they required those 2 things before doing anything else. Once all the required results were sent to Tricare, I was approved within days. Any other questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
jeannemac
on 7/25/11 8:35 am
Karen, thank you so very much!  I did have one hiccup in my journey today as we had to change my surgeon..the one I chose is not having clinic the day I already took off to go, so I am seeing another Dr. in that practice.  You are a positive resource!  Thank you!
Judy825
on 7/25/11 12:14 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I have Tricare Prime and got my band last Dec.  Like Karebear said it was a simple process....however I did not require a cardiac or pulmonary clearance and a thyroid level to be done.  That might be based on an individual.

I wish you luck on your jounery. I am always open for questions.

Seminar weight: 344. Consult Weight: 332.  Surgery Weight: 289   
Check out my blog at www.ldslapband.blogspot.com

"Low Carb diet for me...not a diet anymore but a lifestyle"

-Mari-
on 7/25/11 12:31 pm
I have tricare prime, the only thing I had to do was have my PCP (regular on base Dr) do a referral, she knew what I needed to get approved. It was less than 2 months later I had my band. They also cover the fills, but you will need referrals for them after the first 3 months, not hard to get, just a pain in the butt. LOL Good luck!
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
jeannemac
on 7/25/11 8:59 pm
Thank yo so much for the information!  I am hoping and praying that when I go on 8/9/11 that all works out for the weight thing.  I appreciate you!
Most Active