surgery question?? OT

Jshivery
on 7/31/11 6:34 am
Revision on 03/10/16
I posted about having the LEEP procedure tomorrow, but I forgot to ask, will I have any side effects from the anesthesia on my belly/band?  I know everyone is different, but like the heat makes me feel a little tight.  Do you guys think that I will have any of those issues after surgery tomorrow?  I was planning on doing liquids anyway tomorrow, but any suggestions?? 

thanks everyone! 

Hislady
on 7/31/11 6:45 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I've had a truck load of surgeries since banding and never had an issue with the anesthesia because of it. So my opinion is no there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck on your surgery.
Jrzyboriqua
on 7/31/11 9:38 am - East Windsor, NJ
 Are they putting you under for a LEEP?  I had one done a few years ago and was wide awake.  

Good Luck tomorrow and make sure you rest after. :)
Jshivery
on 7/31/11 11:50 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Jrzy,

they are putting me under.  I am actually having it done as an outpatient surgery...Thank you everyone!

Jean M.
on 7/31/11 10:14 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
If the anesthesia causes nausea (a common side effect), vomiting would not be good for your band, but anti-nausea meds would prevent that.

Good luck!
Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active