8.8 cc's and still no restriction!!!!!!!!!

jules777
on 8/10/11 1:41 pm - CA

I am really at the end of my rope. I went last Saturday to get my third fill and the doctor put in another 1.8 CCs in my band bringing me up to 8.8CCs. I feel absolutely NO RESTRICTION... How is this possible??? I am so disappointed in the band, I wish I could totally blame this on myself but I cant. This is why I had the band in the first place was so that I would eat less and loose weight. Its not happening... Has anyone gone through this at all? I don't know what to do at this point. HELP!!!!

crystal M.
on 8/10/11 2:10 pm - Joliet, IL
I needed about 9.8 before I felt restriction.  Some of us need the band filled all the way before it works.  It sucks but that's the way it goes.

Oh by the way...even though it took 15 months and 9.8 ccs to get the needed restriction...I did lose 150+ lbs.  So even though I was a slow starter I did finally catch up.
Catapult
on 8/10/11 2:12 pm - Australia
Hi Jules

Is there room in your band for more? I have 8cc in a 12cc band and also have no restriction. I have to exercise will power and self control to keep to my allotted 1 cup 3 times a day (and just have to add in a 3oz protein afternoon snack otherwise I am sure I would crash the car driving home, insane with hunger).

Are you still following the band rules eg 3-4 oz protein first, then some vegies, lastly carb? And not drinking with meals etc?

I can't wait for my next fill, it is next week or week after.

Keep trying. I know how you feel, the hunger is pretty bad.

Cat.

Jean M.
on 8/10/11 9:44 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
I feel absolutely NO RESTRICTION... How is this possible???

How is this possible? I wish I could explain it for you, but there are so many factors that can influence your experience of restriction, everyone's body is unique, and finding (and maintaining) an optimal fill level can be tricky. It may just be that the size of your band was not a good choice for your unique anatomy, but that doesn't mean it's never going to work for you, just that you're going to need more fill. Also, keep in mind that it can take up to 2 weeks for a fill to kick in.

What should you do at this point? Tell your surgeon exactly what you told us, and ask, "What can we do to get this show on the road?"

In the meantime, hang in there!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

carol468
on 8/11/11 1:33 am
I had my surgery February 16th and have had 4 fills, a total of 4 1/2 ccs.  I still don't really feel restriction, but I have lost about 33 lbs.  I know is is frustrating, I've been exercising and trying my best to follow the diet, but the pounds just aren't coming off like I hoped.....
linzi
on 8/11/11 2:33 am
I never felt restriction until i had 9mls in my 11ml band that was in january; previous to that i was exercising and trying my hardest to control what i ate and my portion size, i have recently gone up to 9.75ml thought i needed an unfill but i'm ok now you really need to speak to your doctor as everyone is different and you must need some more fluid in i only just feel like i'm losing the weight and it has been a slow process i was told it would take me two years to lose it all and i think thats about right FOR ME but it will come off if your feeling hungray have some fruit in between meals good luck with your journey and keep us posted.
xxxx
linzi       
jules777
on 8/11/11 5:01 am - CA
Thanks everyone for posting. Being able to vent and ask questions on this forum has really helped me and I know it has helped others as well. After reading your responses I am going to keep fighting, give it a few weeks and if I need to... go back to get another fill. I am now tracking my food and excercise on my fittness pal and I'm going to keep moving forward. It gets really frustrating sometimes but I will not go back to the way my life was before. Good luck to all of you on your journey to wellness and health.

debbie H.
on 8/11/11 12:38 pm - AR
Jules, I'm 7 months out and have lost 41 lbs, all post-op.  My lapband buddy has just over 8cc's in her band.  She went up to 9.1 and had to have some removed.  She was getting frustrated just like you, but now it's finally happening for her.  It will for you too.  We have the same surgery, but then it becomes very individual.  Chin up!

Most Active