Surgery tomorrow!

deboralbtn
on 8/15/11 9:49 pm - FL
Well, my time has finally arrived.  I will finally have my surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM.  This has been such a long time coming.  I'm nervous but very excited!!!

steelerfan1
on 8/15/11 9:55 pm
Good Luck to you !!! I can still remember the day before my surgery I was like you very nervous and very excited the same time .  You will be home before you know it :o)  I had mine done at 1:15 pm that afternoon and was home sitting in my lazy boy chair at 7 pm that night :o)

Just remember when you get back to your room get yourself up  and start walking dont stop except  for little rest breaks.   Walk till you get tired of walking .  You dont realize how much that is going to help you in the long run with gas pains,  stomach soreness , and it helps you to start  healing faster :o)  I truly believe that is what saved me from all the gas pains and everything else.

PS dont forget chapstick , your lips will be so dry when you get back out of surgery

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

barbara314
on 8/15/11 10:29 pm
Congrats on your big day tomorrow!!  I'll be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow.  

One more tip to add along with Steelerfan's...

Have a pillow with you for the ride home from the hospital.  You're going to be very sore, and holding the pillow against your stomach will make the ride much easier.

You're on your way.  Good luck!!!
~ Barbara 

steelerfan1
on 8/15/11 10:36 pm
Oh gosh yes dont forget the pillow thanks for adding that Barbara  I forgot mine and it wasn't very nice riding home that night thank goodness I'm only 10 min from the hospital .

Speaking of pillows .  If you have any fur babies keep a pillow over your tummy also at all times when you are sitting down.

My two dogs one is 17 pounds and the other one is 40 pounds  which thinks he is lap dog lol love to sit on me when I'm sitting in the chair so keep a pillow over your tummy so when they do their doggie flop sit down  they dont hurt you .

Mine was very weird usually they  just plop down on me especially my 40 pounder Pluto but for some reason he must have known I was hurt because he was very careful  when he came up to me and you couldn't even tell he sat down on  me .   To bad he didn't stay that way lol . Now he is back to usually big 40 pounder flop down lol.

If they sleep with you put a pillow over your tummy also just in case for the night time jumps they do :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Melissa D.
on 8/16/11 3:01 am - Houston, TX
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait until it's my turn I will be thinking about you tomorrow - let us know how you are.

13 lbs lost preop     14cc Allergan band with 4cc

amandabowmanschel
l

on 8/16/11 6:39 am - Taylor Mill, KY
Congrats! Mine is tomorrow too!!! :) I'm having it done at 9:15 am. I'll keep you in my prayers! :) Good Luck and I couldn't agree more, this has been a LONG time in the making.
deboralbtn
on 8/17/11 10:44 pm - FL
How are you doing?  I'm feeling really good today. 
Icebox30
on 8/16/11 8:05 am - MA
Adjustable Gastric Band on 08/15/11
Congrats ladies.. I had mine yesterday. At home resting. But feeling good and happy with the decision I made.
PinkPoppy
on 8/16/11 8:45 am - Canada
This is all so exciting!!!  Good luck everyone!  Mine is Friday and it can't come soon enough!  Glad I'm in good company for getting banded this week.  Just think....this time next year we are going to be even hotter than we are now :)

Surgery date:  August 19, 2011            
marymcd54
on 8/16/11 11:35 am - Warwick, RI
Congrats! Your going to love your band! I have had mine now 4 weeks and love it!
Good luck and speedy recovery!
Marylmcd

Most Active