Any one have this problem

ccrider
on 9/11/11 11:48 pm

Hello Lap-Band Forum.  I am posting on this forum because my sister had a lap-band approximately 10 months ago.  She is at this moment in the hospital ER with severe stomach pain along with nausea and vomiting of foam.  Have any of you experienced this before?  I am really worried about what it could be.  I know they are running some test and they are going to send her for an US of her gallbladder.  They just started this procedure here about a year ago and the surgeon who does it comes in from Denver once a week.  I am just afraid they don't know they are looking for.  I am a gastric by pass patient and I haven't had any complications and I am 18 months post op so this happening to my sister is freaking me out.  

1queenbee3
on 9/12/11 2:08 am - Columbia, MD
Hi,

I'm sorry to here your sister is having so much trouble.  It sounds like she is having a very bad stuck episode.  They need to empty all her fluid in her band and she needs to be put on liquids to let everything calm down.  Hopefully the doctor will be called and can tell them what to do and evaluate her appropriately.   

Please keep up updated on how she is doing.

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 2:17 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
If she is given the choice of having her band removed then please let them remove it. You can click on my recent posts and read about all my band complications which happen to be common complications with many of us.

Good luck

Lisa
sknd34
on 9/12/11 3:15 am - West Fargo, ND
I had the same symptoms when I had a slipped band. Please take care.
ccrider
on 9/12/11 6:20 am
Update on my sister.  They took her in to surgery pretty quickly and removed her Gallbladder.  She developed gallstones. She did have a small obstruction but they were not concerned with that.  Gallstones can be a complication from any bariatric surgery.  I guess quick weight loss has something to do with it.   Doc says she can probably go home tomorrow and can start eating tonight.  I am glad all went well.Thank all of you for your replies.  I was really worried about her.

Most Active