Looking for band buddies!

Kendyle03
on 9/13/11 6:05 am
I was banded on 8/25/2011 and lost 10 lbs pre-op but so far I have only lost 4 lbs. post surgery
I need to know what should I be eating how many calories and overall just someone to help me to make the best of my new tool!  Help!
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 8:03 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On September 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time, Kendyle03 wrote:
I was banded on 8/25/2011 and lost 10 lbs pre-op but so far I have only lost 4 lbs. post surgery
I need to know what should I be eating how many calories and overall just someone to help me to make the best of my new tool!  Help!
You should follow the post op diet instructions that your surgeons office should have given to you prior to surgery. Seriously, that is the only plan you should be following.
Lisaizme
on 9/13/11 8:16 am - TX
Pumpkin is correct, your surgeon should have a "refeeding" plan after surgery.

If you didn't get instructions, call the doctor's office and ask ...

You are close to a month out from surgery.  The first 6 weeks after surgery IS NOT ABOUT LOSS.. it's about healing.  If you do lose any during this time, that's a bonus, but should not be your focus at this time.  Your focus is to heal.

I lost exactly 2 lbs during the immediate post op period.  I also didn't have a pre-op diet, so I didn't lose any significant amount before surgery.

Follow your doctor's guidelines as closely as you can, go back for your followups, keep the faith.  This is not a race, it's a journey.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

JodiBoda
on 9/13/11 3:30 pm - Butler, PA

Love this post!

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

PinkPoppy
on 9/13/11 8:45 am - Canada
Congrats on your surgery!  I had mine on Aug. 19th and I've only lost 3.  I was/am disappointed w/the loss.  But the best is yet to come!!

Surgery date:  August 19, 2011            
Kendyle03
on 9/14/11 2:51 am
I am going to adjust how I am getting my calories, and start a food log so that I can keep track of my food intake.  I found that by adding milk (1%) added more calories than I would like. So this morning I threw in fresh blueberrys and strawberrys and used jus****er and my calorie intake was about 200!  My doctor didnt give much to go on as far as what I need to be doing he just said "stay clear of rice and white bread" and that I need protein above everything else.  
Most Active