As a follow up to my "loss of restriction " post below-

Susan K.
on 9/20/11 3:20 pm - Beecher, IL
Still panicking, can't sleep, worrying about things I don't even know yet, BUT,
what happens if I have to have this band removed ?

Am I just "out" the $ 15,000 I paid to have it done? 
Do I have any recourse ?

I was financed through a company- do you think I would be able to get another loan to have something else done- a repair -perhaps ?

I can't even go back to my old doctor since he closed his office close to me.  I am in the middle of finding someone new to help me

It's an Allergen band- 14cc & I have 8cc's in there, last fill almost 2 years ago. Could it all have evaporated ? But give me the "sudden loss of restriction"  if it evaporated ?

Thank you for all your help & advice

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

Kate -True Brit
on 9/20/11 9:13 pm - UK
Take a nice deep breath! It may all be OK!

First of all, if you haven't had a fill for 2 years and you have lost weight since then, the band will need tightening as the fat beteeen the band and the stomach will have shrunk.

Secondly, if it is a leak, it is not the end of the world. It would however require an op to repair it.

You need to see your doc.

Best wishes, Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

sfnativewm
on 9/21/11 2:00 am

I am so sorry you are freaking out.   I do understand as we all read about the good, bad and ugly with the band.    I haven't had a fill in over a year and I am going to be setting up an appt soon.   I agree with Kate, the fat moves and you just need a small tweek.

Keep posting away any of your fears as it is best to get it out and talk about it!!!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Lisa O.
on 9/21/11 2:34 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Take it easy.  First thing first you need to find a new doc that will take you on.  Panicking will NOT help the situation.  I don't think you are likely having a slip because from everything I've heard sudden tightness is the most common symptom, not looseness.

I am 3 years out and my reflux has also returned after having my HH repaired during surgery.  I think it's pretty common.  My Doc said to go ahead and take 1 Prilosec a day for healing and relief.  I will have an endoscopy in November to check for ulcers, gastritis, etc. just to be safe.

There are a lot of things that can cause sudden looseness as our weight changes so does band tightness.  If there is a leak then like Kate said, the only way you'll find out is to see a doctor so first things first.  Put your energy into finding a surgeon rather than making yourself sick with worry.  And whatever you do, stop testing the limits of your band with junk food!  That's not going to help anything!

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Susan K.
on 9/21/11 12:58 pm - Beecher, IL
Thanks guys,

Today I made up my mind to go back to "band eating" & not "test" anymore, since the results are the same
I just had to be sure
Tonight I had a salad & that, too, went right through.  I could have kept going & going, but I forced myself to stop.  The sad part about it is that I KNOW if this ends up a permanent arrangement, I will go back up ....

So- for as long as I can, I will keep doing the band thing, but knowing that I can eat all of those foods I couldn't before 3 days ago, is always going to be in my head.

Is it really true, that the fat "could haved moved " that much , that it would cause me to HAVE lost that much restriction ? That fast ?
Just from movement alone ?
Thanks for all your well wishes.

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

Most Active