Living 6 Years With The Band

debbiejean58
on 1/12/12 1:30 am - Antioch, TN
My name is Debbie and I am still and will always be addicted to food!!!

Getting my band and losing weight did not cure me, sure I look and feel better but I still have the same struggles with food today that I had before I had my band. Not saying that my band does not work because it does and it has helped me keep this weight off for 6 years but I want everyone starting out to realize this is NO miracle surgery and it won't cure all your insecurities, relationships, money problems, family problems etc....they will still be there. Sometimes it even makes things worse, jealousy from spouse or significant other. It takes a strong person to get through all of this.

This is a life long commitment just like everything else, you have to continually work at it to make it work. Would I do anything to change the fact that I had lap band surgery? No, the band has worked for me, but I know it does not for a lot of people so if you are researching please do lots of research and chose what is right for YOU not what someone wants you to do.

The band has given me a new life, I now have a new boyfriend a new job, both of which MIGHT not have been possible when I was 280 lbs., one reason it might not have happened at the higher weight was I had no self-confidence and I never looked people in the eyes to see what they were about because I was afraid of the pity and disgust I would see in their eyes but as we lose weight we gain confidence and try new things.

Sorry long story short yes I am glad I had the band and wish I had it sooner. Don't be afraid to step out on the ledge and take a chance, if you have done due diligence it could be well worth it.

Neal R.
on 1/12/12 2:45 am - Wylie, TX
Hey Debbie! I see you on the other board all the time and didn't realize you had the band. Guess I should read more. LOL You have done an awesome job! I could have written this post (except for the new botfriend part  ). I feel the same way about my band and life afterwards. I am a few months behind you. Continued success!!!!

http://www.nealslapband.com/
Banded May, 9, 2006 by Dr. Cribbens. Abdominoplaty on 02/11/08
TT pics: http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=4974

Facebook: Neal Riggins (Wylie, Texas)
Twitter: @NealRiggins
debbiejean58
on 1/12/12 3:16 am - Antioch, TN
Thanks Neal and yes you could have a boyfriend...lol.

Glad you are doing well also, life is awesome right now!!!!
melly37
on 1/12/12 2:50 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
You have always been an inspiration to me, from the very beginning of my journey!!  Congrats to you and your successes, beautiful!! 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

debbiejean58
on 1/12/12 3:22 am - Antioch, TN
Hey sweetie!! Thank you so much, you are always so sweet and chipper. How are you and your honey doing?? You all make a great looking couple, I am soooooo happy for you!!
Kate -True Brit
on 1/12/12 4:16 am - UK

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

debbiejean58
on 1/12/12 5:28 am - Antioch, TN
Thanks Kate, how is the weather there?
MARIA F.
on 1/12/12 1:40 pm - Athens, GA

Congrats! You are only the 2nd bandsters I know of who has made it over 5 years without complications! Hope the band continues to work for you!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

debbiejean58
on 1/12/12 9:56 pm - Antioch, TN

Thanks, but there are a few more of us over 5 years without problems out there, rare as it may be it has been a God send for me.

kootenay
on 1/12/12 11:30 pm - Canada

Hi Debbie -

Good to hear from you  - you sound healthy and happy!

Don't be a stranger!

Kootenay

Ask me how I got rid of my keloid scar!

Most Active