Need Some Help

dren
on 2/2/12 6:35 am - Big Clifty, KY
Hello, I know you all think I come here when I just need help and I guess I do but I really need help this time. I am going back to school to get my Billing and Coding Diploma.  I am doing a survey on the Lap Band veruses Gastric Bypass Surgery. If any of your care to give me your opinion and why you think you have the best opinon it would be muchly apprciated.
Thank you in advaced as I will not have time to come back and thank each of you.
Each of you older ones on here have been a tremedous help to me on my journey and I am going on my 6th year with my lap band and my 140 pound weight loss so I guess you all no my opinion on the matter. So thank you and I hope to hear from you. Now I am going to the other boards and ask for their opinions.
Bubble S.
on 2/2/12 7:14 am
Hi,
It was lap band or nothing for me. 

This question comes up at least 1 a week either on this board or the main board.  You will be able to get a lot of information and people opinions if you search thru older post.

Good luck on you Diploma.
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

dren
on 2/2/12 7:25 am - Big Clifty, KY
Well that is how it was with me too. I will go back and look. I just thougth this would be a good topic to write about. I know I can always get my band tightened if I need to. I really try to watch what I eat and do it without doing that so that If something should happen I know I can do it on my own. But I can always go and get it done if I have to. Thanks for responding I really didn't know if anybody would.
And thank you, I am working really hard for this Diploma.
Bubble S.
on 2/2/12 8:03 am
No problem.  The board has been pretty quiet over the last couple of months. 

I just though it would be easier for you to go thru the old post.  It is such a hot topic with the know it all's (especially the people that have had neither surgery but want to ram there opinion down your throat)   you might be able to get a least a thousand opinions on this topic,  LOL
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Bexie
on 2/2/12 9:00 am - MO
There are pros and cons to both, but what it comes down to is what your surgeon recommends and what will work for you. My husbands lap band journey has lasted 3 years so far, and he has lost over 200lbs. Mine lasted 11 days before they had to remove it (my body couldn't handle it).
Ready For A Change
Lisaizme
on 2/2/12 11:07 am - TX
I don't think I have "the best",  there is no "best" WLS in my opinion.   However, of the choices I was given, band or RnY, I chose what was right for me, the individual.

For me, I was concerned about osteoporosis that I had heard that RnY'ers are more prone to have. Having had a mom with several hip fx's due to Osteoporosis, and no longer having my ovaries and therefore even more prone to bone loss, I thought it wise to avoid RnY.

I was also just terrified of having my intestines cut and resewn together.  It just did not seem the right thing to do for ME, the individual.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

dren
on 2/2/12 1:28 pm - Big Clifty, KY
There is no best but being over weight is not what is best either. I love my band and would do it again in a heartbeat. I have heard good things and bad things about both. I just have the experince I have had with my band and it has been great. It has been almost 6 years. I do not keep it tight, I have never kept it tight. I want to know I can do this if I have to on my own. this band ia a tool and a tool only. I know a lot of people that have went into this surgery thinking they could still eat like they always have and lose weight. Well Sorry you can't do that. But I want to thank the ones that have helped me. Not a lot of people on this board helped. I had a lot of help from the RNY board. But I just needed some opinions and was not here to debate anything. Everybody has to do what is best for them. Thanks again.
Lisaizme
on 2/5/12 4:56 am - TX
I'm sorry you don't feel like we were all that helpful on this board.

I guess I misread or misunderstood your original post as to me it sounded like you were doing a survey on the band versus RnY for your educational program, and that's why I answered as I did.

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Nic M
on 2/5/12 5:04 am
Lisa, I thought you were VERY helpful in your answer. Just the fact that you took the time to discern what was being asked is admirable and generous.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

dren
on 2/5/12 7:38 am - Big Clifty, KY
I was not saying you did not help me. I was saying not many people responded on here. The ones that did I used what you said. and I thanked you all very much. I made good on my paper. I don't come on this board very much because of this very thing. I thanked the people that helped me and posted to my question. I made the statement that not very many people helped. I was not talking about the people that did responds. If you took it the wrong way I am sorry. My point was more people on the RNY board posted than on the lap band. your post was very helpful and I was thanking you for posting. But not very many people posted and that was what I meant when I said didn't get much help.
Most Active