Recent Posts

RedSox15
on 9/3/10 7:36 am - MA
Topic: RE: Snails pace then stopped
Congrats on your 60 lbs, that is amazing!

The majority of patients lose the majority of their weight between 12 and 18 months after their RNY. I too had a major stall for a while during the summer. While stalls are completely normal during this process, a 4 months stall is not exactly normal. I am in the exact same spot you are in. The scale has barely moved for me during the summer. My program asks that you make an appointment with your nutritionist if you have a stall lasting longer than 5 weeks. I would highly suggest you make an appointment with yours to see what is going on. In the meantime, keep a food log that you two of you can go over. I wish you continued success

I hate stalls ... ugh they are the worst feeling! The only reason I lost 7 pounds last week was because I was wicked sick. I have a nutritionist appointment at the end of September and look forward to getting back on track.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

RedSox15
on 9/3/10 7:27 am - MA
Topic: RE: Insurance Approved in 24 Hours !!!

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

sunjoymom
on 9/3/10 6:49 am - Worcester, MA
Topic: RE: Insurance Approved in 24 Hours !!!
Yay! That's great news! Congrats
~ Tania 

Highest 324 / Surgery 305 /Goal 165 / Current 172 

Jojeki
on 9/3/10 6:28 am - Fall River, MA
Topic: Insurance Approved in 24 Hours !!!

I just got off the phone with Tufts Health Plan and they said that they received the information from the Surgeon's office yesterday and they approved it today !!

I am so happy that things are falling into place.  September 14, here I come !

HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

self_love22
on 9/3/10 5:53 am
Topic: RE: Surgery 9/7/10
It will all work out. You'll be fine although you don't want to hear that right now. Just think, in a few days the hardest part will be over (not knowing about the surgery). Just make sure everything is done and taken care of so you can rest peacefully. Congrats!

MyGoal
on 9/3/10 4:28 am - MA
Topic: Surgery 9/7/10
well it is almost here Tuesday the 7th very excited to start my new life and scared to death at the same time..
sbsg
on 9/3/10 4:09 am - Watertown, MA
Topic: Constipation
Any advice? I'm taking the stool softeners they gave me at the hospital. I'm on stage 4 food - no fresh fruits and veggies yet. Is there a way to get fiber into me? What about acedophilis (sp?)? Any ideas? Thanks!
CATHERINE81
on 9/3/10 3:05 am - BROCKTON, MA
self_love22
on 9/3/10 2:58 am
Topic: Snails pace then stopped
So, I had my surgery last year in December. I have no regrets but I was expecting ...well I had no idea what to expect. Its been 10 months. By May (6 months in) I lost 60 pounds then came to a sudden stand still. I have not dropped any weight since May. It seems like I am losing the inches but of course when you measure in inches, its like counting straws of hay (so much easier to look at the bundle). So, is this it for me? Will I lose more? There is nothing I can't eat and I have had no awful side effects. I'm staying with the vitamins and the hair loss stopped at the same time the weight stopped.  I'm content with the 60 pounds loss but was looking to go down a little more. Although I am still overweight (obese according to my wii), I like being smaller than when I started. But I have to wonder, is this it? I'm 5'2 180.  I've been small (size 6) most of my adult life and know it was stress that put the weight on. I'm not stressed, actually very happy now so why the stump? I would like to go down to that petite size of maybe an 8 or even a 10. I'm a size 14 now from a strong 20 before.  I work out regularly.
I just want to know if anyone else experienced this. Is this a temporary thing or will I lose more? I'm in no rush but when things just halted, I became concerned. I don't see my Dr for a while.

DwindlingFlower
on 9/3/10 1:20 am - Quincy, MA
Topic: Flowers Monthly Support Group Meeting Reminder
Hello Ladies and any Gents reading this... I just wanted to post a reminder that Septembers meeting is coming up on wednesday the 8th at 6pm at my house in Quincy. Thanks again to Karrie and Julie for hosting last month while I was getting things settled in with my Mom who had surgery on the 23rd.  So... the party goes on.... any newbes interested please message me for my address. All are welcome as usual, pre op, post op, bands, sleeves or bypass....we dont discriminate.  Just know that your in my living room and my pug Lucy loves people lol.

Cant wait to see everyone!! Lisa I still have your flag and Karrie and Julie tell Ella she's getting her books soon!!

Flower

DwindlingFlower

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 618 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2186 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4371 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4499 views