Weightloss Clinics in Winnipeg *self pay*

Mishyme
on 12/8/11 10:06 am, edited 12/8/11 10:08 am
It looks like there is 2 clinics in Winnipeg that are doing the Lap Band.

Western Surgical Centre is advertising on this site!!  Check it out.....look to the right

Western Surgical Centre
http://www.westernsurgerycentre.com/about-us/our-surgeons

Maples Centre

It looks like St Boniface Surgical Group that is doing the Pilot Program (RnY and VSG)are the ones doing the Lap Band at both clinics??

I wonder what the price difference is between them??

Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
justlori
on 12/8/11 10:24 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
I just discovered that last week too...when I googled Dr. Grosko (the psychologist).  Gotta love competition.  

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

mandine1981
on 12/8/11 10:53 am

I'm meeting with Dr. Grosko on Tuesday for my lap band pre op stuff. Guess they all work together on everthing.

Dianne C.
on 12/8/11 10:58 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
Did anyone see the huge ad in today's Winnipeg Free Press for Slimband?  I'm not interested in the band, but had to check it out online, since they were offering $1000 off in the newspaper ad. It might be worth looking into for anyone who wants the band. Of course there's the issue of fills & whether the clinics in Winnipeg will do them.

I copied this from their website:

"Slimband wants to give you the gift of health this season! Book your procedure for the month of December 2011 and get $1,000 off the cost of your surgery.*"

For a limited time only, if you live outside of Ontario or Canada, we'll cover the cost of your travel expenses to and from our surgical centre located in downtown Toronto.*

http://slimband.com/consultation

Makes you wonder what the profit margin is if they'll pay for you to go there! Of course, their price could be higher to compensate for the "free travel" and $1000 off. (Sounds like buying a car! If you have a trade-in, the cost of the car you want to buy goes up.)

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

seeking_freedom
on 12/8/11 1:41 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
i actually spoke to a rep from slimband a few months ago. they were very helpful, and the lady i spoke to had the surgery herself, which is always nice. anyways she told me they have "fill" clinics all across canada including one in winnipeg, so you would not have to travel to get your fills. if you are doing the band , definatly an option to consider looking into.
niki 

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Most Active