All done but feeling really tired

sexy_me
on 2/11/12 2:38 am
VSG on 02/06/12
Hi all,

Well I had my surgery on Monday and been recovering nicely at hotel. it took longer than expected I am told and worried my DH. I was in lot of pain the first day or so then drain came out and I started feeling a bit better. I wondering if all the drugs from surgery are still affecting me because I am still feeling so tired foggy. Yesterday was a good day not much pain only needed liquid Tylenol which is gross tasting by way. I am getting in my fluids and ice chips are my BF right now. I think might go to Richmond oval, downtown shopping today as the hotel area has been explored enough. 

I need some suggestions on vitamins the ones I picked are horrid tasting

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Madelaine2000
on 2/11/12 9:09 am
Hi..I was just thinking of you this morning..hoping for an update.Glad to hear things went well..I dont have any advice on vitamins but wanted to wish you a speedy recover.
Dianne C.
on 2/11/12 12:31 pm - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
Hi! 

I was wondering how things went for you. Sorry to hear you didn't have as easy a time of it as I did.   My worst experience was the flight home, because of flight delays and uncomfortable seats that hurt my neck!! 
Hopefully you will bounce back quickly and be feeling better soon.     My advice is to get all the rest your body tells you to.  

What you're describing is very much what I felt when I had surgery ten years ago.  I had to have a three-hour nap every day for about three weeks. Maybe they use a different type of anaesthesia in Mexico with different side effects.  

I have no advice on vitamins either. I picked some chewables that I'm not keen on. I was also told by the nutritionist that I need sublingual vitamin B12, not chewables, because enough isn't absorbed in the digestive system. 

Kjmollyo
on 2/11/12 1:53 pm
RNY on 01/23/12
 Glad to hear your surgery went well.  Arent you relieved its done!  I just started my vitamins this week as directed at the 2-4 week mark.  I had my rny  surgery 23 of Jan.  I take a centrum chewable 50, calcium citrate with d3 from costco which tastes supersweet, subling b12 500mg, and Im supposed to take iron which I will add next week.  Do you need all these vitamins with the sleeve as well?  How long do you have to stay there before its ok to come home?
kj
sexy_me
on 2/11/12 2:37 pm, edited 2/11/12 2:37 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Thanks for telling what the vitamins you will be on. Having this done is so much relief. I do miss familiar surroundings... Its only a few more days which keeps me going. I'll be back in winter this coming weekend. My surgeon thinks its best I be nearby In case of emergency

I need about the same vitamins but my first picks were awful so time for help Lol

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Most Active