BEST NEWS EVER!

Used2Bthin
on 5/15/12 5:35 am - Canada
So, I just got off the phone with my surgon.  I had my gastric bypass March of 2011.  He booked me for my tummy tuck on Aug 9th.  I was thinking I would have to wait through a huge wait list but nope! Best part is it is covered by Manitoba Health to boot.  Kind of freaked out as we all know how fast time flies.  

To anyone who has had this done, how long were you off work.  He said it is 3 days in hospital and up to 6 weeks off but I would rather go back to work before then.

WOOT, I am soooooo excited to have my skin removed.  Sounds gross but WOOT for me.  Sorry I am just really excited that I dont have to wait for the surgery!!!!!
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
justlori
on 5/15/12 6:11 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Great news!  I think the majority of us that had surgery in Manitoba will be quite envious.  Hopefully one day the tummy tuck will be covered here as well. 

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

Madelaine2000
on 5/15/12 8:47 am
Congratulations! Thats wonderful..when I had mine (full abdominalplasty) I was off work for 2 weeks but still walking like a granny at 3-4..it takes a bit to recover from but is soooo worth it. You will love it!!!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/12 9:40 am
way to go.sooo envious,but i think mine will wait atleast a year before i think about more surgery.had way to many this year .congrats again
Lynn B.
on 5/15/12 1:26 pm
I am so excited for you as I have been researching it here in Manitoba - had my plastic surgeon do a consult and send a letter to Manitoba Health.  When my surgeon sent a letter back in January 2012 requesting they cover the pannilectomy, my first reply was a request for a measurement of my pannus.  We sent this information at the end of March 2012.  My second reply (which I just found out today) was a "NO" not covered as they feel there is no medical reason.  My surgeon said she is not taking that as a final answer and will be sending additional letters to Manitoba Health.  I will keep you all posted.  At this point, I am just going to try and put as much money into my savings as I can in case I have to pay for it myself, because I will definitely be getting it done - one way or the other. 

Michelle_2975
on 5/15/12 2:53 pm - Canada
Lynn, may I ask who is your plastic surgeon is?
Michelle_2975
on 5/15/12 2:54 pm - Canada
Good for you! I would be excited too!
notoriousgrannyD
on 5/15/12 11:11 pm
VSG on 10/16/12
Oh yeah, talk about skin and the vets come out!  LOL  (just jokes ladies)  Wonderful for you you used-to-be-thin......... you are going to have to tweak you name now, maybe used-to-be-saggy or just plain old taut-and-perky.  Either way, we are all super happy for you and you are right time will fly.  Congrats

Lynn - What exactly are the prerequisites?  how big does your apron  need to be?
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Used2Bthin
on 5/16/12 11:35 pm - Canada
For my surgon the only pre req is that you have lost 100 pounds.  I have maintained over 100 pounds lost for 6 months now so he said yes.  You also have to be healthy that is about it.  My surgon is pretty good that way.  I did not even have in inperson meeting, we just did the consult over the phone.  I was a little suprised when he said I could do it this summer.  I could have had it in June but for work I needed a bit more time so I pushed it off until August.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
justmest
on 5/17/12 4:25 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
Who is your plastic surgeon?
I would like to keep that in the memory banks for when I am done my surgery and weight loss.
Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Most Active