My Excellent Shopping Adventrue

alle
on 8/3/12 5:36 am
RNY on 05/15/12
I popped into Jay Set ( Tan Jay) on Notre Dame today and for $125 I came out with one zippered lightweight jacket, one lightweight  knit sweater shrug, two blouses, one Tshirt and 2 shells.  The best part.......wait for it......not a plus size in the bag and they all fit now...some a bit snug but all wearable!  Sizes 14 - 18 and XL from the regular section!!  Whooooo Hoooooo!!!

I am a bit of a regular there and the sales lady mentioned that she was shocked at the amount of weight I have lost in such a short time.  She remembered I was in buying 3X's in January.

Now if I could get my behind to catch up to my top!!  My bum and thunder thighs still need a size 18-20.  Always was my problem though, Mom always said I wouldn't blow over in a windstorm, got a good heavy base to me.    Her genetics at work there!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Alvina300
on 8/3/12 6:57 am - Canada
Wow, thats amazing.  Keep up the good work.  Gotta love those genes

Have a good weekend.
Alvina
alle
on 8/3/12 7:30 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Wishing you a good weekend too Alvina!

seeking_freedom
on 8/3/12 7:23 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 1st of many exciting shopping trips! it wont be long and youll be bringing those new clothes youve got there to a clothes swap. so dont get to attached, lol
glad you had fun!
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
alle
on 8/3/12 7:28 am
RNY on 05/15/12
OMG you know me too well.  I do get attached to my clothes!  LOL  They are all aquamarine and tourquise combos....gorgeous!  I have a 2 day professional conference to attend in another week and these folks haven't seen me for a while so I want to look extra dazzling!  Have a great weekend Niki....looking forward to seeing you again I bet you've shrunk quite a bit too!

BCwaiting
on 8/3/12 9:57 am - Canada
Hey Alle, doesn't it feel great to be able to shop and get regular sizes and not have to pay more because they were plus sizes before. Keep up the great work. I had very heavy legs a year ago. I started walking 1/2 hour a day at first and now am walking an hour a day and the weight has really come off my legs...I am sure that is where I lost at least 20 of my pounds...skin is really starting to hang on my legs. If you aren't walking yet, try starting...it really helped me loose the fat legs! Good luck. Barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
rainyone
on 8/3/12 11:04 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I'm the opposite! my legs are much thinner than everywhere else. My belly is still really big and pants are a pain now because of that. I'm living in yoga pants and yoga capris. 

I'm totally an apple.  At least you know that being a pear is actually a healthier way to carry weight. :-)

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

its-killen-me
on 8/6/12 8:05 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Big Bird and The Great Root Bear from A & W got nothing on me. Well at least I don't hear Beep Beep Beep when I walk backwards anymore. (joking) LOL
alle
on 8/6/12 8:51 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 That's hilarious!   We have a 4 wheel drive truck that has a back up alert signal. And every time I hear the beep beep beep I giggle and think of my big butt backing up.  

Most Active