Well got bad news this week

Crash220
on 7/29/11 10:13 am - Reisterstown, MD
Kidney problems making it look like I will have to have my RNY reversed,, High creatine levels,, and some sort of crystalization in my kidneys, I have what looks like two choices,, let my kidneys go and possibly leading to kidney failure,, or possibly reversing my RNY. Figures,,, the one good thing to happen to me in the past few years,,,, wasn't. SUPER BUMMED.
People laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they are all the same

robynlynnm
on 7/29/11 2:18 pm - Westminster, MD
Wow I am sorry to hear that.  Would you be able to do any of the other WLS?

Crimson
on 7/30/11 7:52 am - MD
I'm sorry to hear that. sounds awful

HW: 271 lbs.     SW: 255 lbs.     GW: 150 lbs.    
terrijp
on 8/1/11 10:19 pm
Tom, I'm so sorry to hear that the problems continue. Obviousy, you can't let the kidney damage continue, but are they certain the creatinine is due to RNY? Would they be able to revise you to a sleeve or band?

Good luck with your decision, and I hope it gets you back to good health. Please keep us posted.

Terri

LBL/BL 12/11/09; BL Revision, Quad Bleph 07/16/10. Larry H. Lickstein, M.D., F.A.C.S.

It's not how fast you go, but that you're moving in the right direction!

Crash220
on 8/2/11 7:09 pm - Reisterstown, MD
Well,, of course no-one can 100% sure of anything,, but it all points that way. Another optition I need to talk to Dr A about is going back to basically cutting my eating down,, and relying on protein shakes. The abnormal labs showed up right as I started giving up the protein shakes,, and going for more "normal" foods. I started to focus more on food and less on the shakes when Dr A and my primary started beating me up about it.

Tom
People laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they are all the same

Cira S.
on 8/3/11 9:24 am - Charles Town , WV
Tom,

I am so sorry you are going through all these problems.  I know this has got to be scary for you.  Have you decided what you are going to do?  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted. 

Hugs,

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

ladybugnessa
on 8/9/11 12:17 am - Owings Mills, MD
Tom I am just seeing this... I am so sorry to hear this news..  I wish I had better advice... I have none...   FWIW I have a protein drink every single day still... some days two...     I'm not a very good eater and they worry that my eating is disordered sometimes....  

How do they reconcile the RNY as causing the kidney problems?

I hope you find answers soon.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1837 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2788 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4003 views