NEW POST: Any newbies that like to introduce yourself

Cira S.
on 9/16/11 11:07 am - Charles Town , WV
so we can get to know you?  I know I would love to hear from you.  Please join us so we can support you through this very amazing journey.

WELCOME to the MD forum!!!

Sincerely,

Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

dori M.
on 11/1/11 10:41 pm - MD
Hi
I had a RNY on 10/24 @ Franklin Square Hospital. I'm feeling great, excited about the journey ahead.
Cira S.
on 11/15/11 3:02 am - Charles Town , WV
Congratulations on your new journey! So glad that you are doing well.  I am sorry I am just seeing this message, However tell me how are things going on now? 
Wishing you all the best in your journey to a new you!

Cira

dori M.
on 11/15/11 3:50 am - MD
So far- so good! I haven't had a single issue so far. I'm eating soft foods now and no troubles with anything. My fluid intake is about 60oz. I haven't found a protein supplement I like yet so I've been trying really hard to get all my protein from food. I've been ordering sample protein drinks and trying the different brands and flavors. Also, I've made a conscious effort to stay off the schedule so I don't make myself crazy.

Cira S.
on 11/15/11 4:31 am - Charles Town , WV
Girl here is a high 5 to you!  You are doing fantastic!   
I remember being this early out and barely getting in 35 oz of fluids a day.  I couldn't even get enough with protein.  I am very proud of your progress.

As for protein shakes , drinks, bullets let me tell you all after surgery were just plain old nasty to me.  I could not tolerate the flavor, smells etc. 

One I did like a lot that I bought at GNC was 50 grand slam in a can.  No preparing and really good cold. But quite pricey like $2.50 or so a can.  50 grams of protein in one can and I would drink half early in the day and the other half in the evening.

The one protein I found that I have liked and stayed with it for the past 5 years is called Body fortress whey protein.  Found at Walmart and $15.00 for a jar of almost 2lbs.  I like the vanilla best and chocolate the only way I drink it is by adding peanut butter to it.  I love the vanilla with PB also, you can add fruit to it as well.  The one thing I have noticed is that I do best on it when I mix it with water.  The milk gets gassy so I avoid that. lol

Keep me posted on how you are doing and please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever have a question.   Start a new thread on the forum or just email me at [email protected].

Wishing you nothing but the best!

Cira

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1837 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2788 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4003 views