Hair Problems

kimkel
on 6/15/11 6:11 am - Ellsworth, ME

I am just now 3 months out and my hair is falling out in massive amounts.  My head burns and my hair is all over everything.  I am not bald but if it keeps going at this rate I am going to be.  I had problems with my hair starting to thin because of my thyroid about a year ago that did a number on my hair and now with this on top of that I don't have much hair left.  My question is do any of you know of a hairdresser in the Bangor or Ellsworth area that knows how to deal with Gastric Bypass patients hair issues?  I need a really good hair dresser ASAP.  Any help would be great.

Thanks
Kim

Bkritty
on 6/15/11 9:06 am
Hey girl! Remember I told you my sister is a big wig with AVEDA concept salons? She travels the country giving continuing education to well experienced stylists. I did ask her about your situation and described your facial structure/shape to her and here is her response....

"I'd say a cut somewhere between her shoulders and chin...a stacked bob. This will allow her hair to appear fuller. Also purchasing Over the counter products such as Biotin are generally ineffective. As I am sure you know Kristie, getting more protein will help fight the hair loss even though I realize it is a part of the process to some extent. Let me know if she has any questions. I'd be happy to help"

Hope this helps!

kimkel
on 6/15/11 9:33 am - Ellsworth, ME
 Can you ask her to come to Maine and come do our hair LOL.  Can she give me picture   of the hair style she is thinking about? 
Thanks
Kristie

Bkritty
on 6/15/11 9:46 am
ACTUALLY....she is coming in late July and I fully intend on having her fix me up! It may be longer than you care to wait though! I am sure she would send me some pictures...I will ask her when I talk to her tonight!

Bosoxlvr-71
on 7/5/11 1:55 am - New Gloucester, ME
 Of course, I'm going to start by telling you what you probably already know: protein, protein, protein! If you are having trouble tolerating protein (as I did), give Unjury a try (www.unjury.com); your Dr.'s office may have samples. I tried hundreds of dollars worth of protein supplements, and they are the best tasting & easiest to tolerate, by far!

I also have thyroid disease, and WLS surgery can strongly affect your thyroid function. If you haven't had it tested recently, you should. My thyroid function changed DRAMATICALLY after surgery!

Good luck!

Most Active