I feel like I am eating too much!

Jeanine J.
on 6/22/11 6:35 am, edited 6/22/11 6:36 am
I am following the plan. 2 ozs protein and 1 TBS of soft veggie and 1 TBS potato or other "side".  I weigh my protein on my 2 ozs on my food scale and it seems like ALOT. Is there a different way I should be measuring the 2 ozs? Should I put it in a measuring cup? I am FREAKING out because I don't want to screw this up! 

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
micbrook
on 6/23/11 7:27 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Sounds you  are doing it right  you can  use just   measuring spoons  too.  Just eat slow and  when you start to feel full stop if that is before you  eat all that food.   In the beginning that is a lot of food and  you need to take your time and eat protein first.  

Sounds like you are doing  fantastic  keep it up!!!!

Patty

Bkritty
on 6/23/11 8:10 am
I still have three weeks before I can even begin to think about something that isn't liquid but I was wondering if the 2 oz. of meat is supposed to be measured raw or cooked? That could make a big difference!

Jeanine J.
on 6/23/11 8:59 am
I believe that it is cooked! That's how I have been measuring! I talked to Lacey today and she said that I am doing it right! I was told that  I am taking too long to eat! Never thought that I would hear that! haha I have been taking 45 minutes and Lacey told me that STOP at 30 minutes. Whatever I have eaten @ 30 minutes is what I eat! So I have to use a timer and stop at 30 minutes!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
DavidReed
on 6/23/11 11:49 am
That's what she told me too...it's working out fine.  And also, VERY importantly, DO NOT DRINK for the 30 minutes after that...one of the golden rules!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Kelly S.
on 6/23/11 11:15 pm
I could barely eat but a couple of tablespoons as early out as you are.  I ate more often to make up the amount of protein I needed to get in for good healing. 

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

DavidReed
on 6/24/11 8:44 am
Kelly, my wife said you changed jobs?

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Most Active