QUESTIONS....

sun4me21
on 7/11/11 3:09 am - sabattus , ME
Hi my name is jess and I am sort of new but not!  I was just wondering for all people that would like to share thier expirence, How much weight comes off in the first 6 weeks?  Does ur energy level go up fast rite away or does it take a few weeks? do you really feel full all the time? do you have to force your self to eat just to keep up w the protein? I'm just so nervous. Thanks for any feed back given!

jess
 Jessica                  NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOU!!!

NathanLocated
on 7/11/11 4:02 am - Carmel, ME
The 6 weeks following surgery I wasn't losing what that "they" thought I should...I had only lost a little.  Needless to say I was worried I was doing something wrong.  Turns out my body just was trying to hold on to the weight because as I appoached week 6 or 7 the weight-loss finally started happening and I was relieved.  My energy was relatively low during that time as well, but has since come back.  For me, I didn't feel hungry or full...it was really strange.  That is now not the case being this far out (little over 13 months)  I do have a appetite now, and am able to feel hunger and fullness.  I am very careful to "listen" to my body and what it needs, and I know when to stop eating now.  Some days I do have to force myself to eat...while other days I have to be really careful not to over eat.  Try not to worry...I know that's easier said then done.  I tend to worry a lot too, and I worried a lot when I signed up for this...but so far none of my worries have come true :-)

Take care!
Nathan

Bkritty
on 7/11/11 1:26 pm
Hey Nathan,

Thanks so much for this information....it is exactly how I am feeling right now at two weeks out and I was filled with worry. The sensation of full or hunger are not really there for me right now and I guess I must have forgotten that part of the preop info. It scared me a lot that I could drink everything they asked me to drink and yet I heard so many people say that they had a difficult time getting in a fraction of that. The weight was coming off steady every day and then the last few the scale has not budged. I have my two week follow up appointment tomorrow...I hope they aren't too disappointed but I have done everything I can. I just hope things start moving again soon.

Kristie

NathanLocated
on 7/11/11 10:04 pm - Carmel, ME
Things will get moving again Kristie, I assure you :-)  I like to think of my body of having a mind of it's own, and throughout this process while I thought I had learned and prepared for everything, it proved me wrong lol.  The entire process has been a learning process, and I have had to learn and go with the flow, which is not comfortable for me as I like to know exactly what is going to happen and when it's going to happen lol.  The weight will come off, do your part and follow the rules as best as possible, and it will come off.  I am now just getting around to really really doing the exercise piece...I have to admit, the 200lbs so far that I have lost has definitely not been from exercising... because I hadn't exercised much and was still able to lose that much.  I am still losing.  But now that I am lighter, I have begun walking and exercising, and I've found out that I actually enjoy it now and it refreshes me.  I've recently learned that walking at 184lbs is a lot different then how it feels to walk at 385lbs :-)  I am no longer afraid of doing some exercise, it no longer literally hurts to do it, it feels great!.  The process that you will personally go through will be in many steps, with many learning curves that you may not have though of yet.  In the end, for me at least, it has been 10000% worth it and I have learned that what I needed was to relax and just do my thing and let my body do it's thing :-)

Happy Tuesday!
Nathan

P.S.  I hope your check up goes well, and if they offer up some constructive criticism, know that it doesn't necessarily mean your doing anything wrong.  I hadn't met their standard weight-loss "norm" goal either in the first 6 weeks.  I like to think I have turned out ok so far with my results...and the surgeon and dietician etc are now floored with my progress.  They smile ear to ear when they see me...their "golden patient" lol

P.S.S.  Hope I didn't ramble too much in this lol

Most Active