Plastic Consult

MovingOn09
on 8/17/11 8:50 am - Biddeford, ME
 Hello everyone.  Yes, I know, long time no hear again.  All is going well for me.  In two weeks I will be two years out since surgery.  I have lost a total of 241 lbs with 10 lbs to go to get to my goal weight.  The day of surgery, I weighed in at 467 pounds, I am now 226 lbs.  My BMI has gone from 67 to 33. Most of my co-morbidities have gone away.  No more high blood pressure. No longer borderline diabetic. No more pulmonary hypertension. I do still have some issues with leg edema but on rare occasions. 

I do have my plastic consult on October 5th.  I am consulting on a tummy tuck, breast lift and breast augmentation.  I am excited, yet mostly nervous.  I have been on the fence with this decision for a long time.  I wanted to be happy with my weight loss and accept myself as I am, but the more I thought I was set in that decision, a nagging feeling persisted that I would have regrets if I dont do this while I have the financial opportunity to do so.  I dont expect the perfect body by any means, but these three procedures will help me both physically and emotionally in the long run.  I can deal with my bingo wings and my thighs are not great, but I can deal with them as well.  

I hope everyone is doing well with their journey.  Also...anyone who has had plastic surgery done...any tips would be much appreciated.  Thanks   Jen :)

"I'm moving on, at last I can see, Life has been patiently waiting for me"            
kimkel
on 8/18/11 11:11 pm - Ellsworth, ME
Congrats on your new upcoming journey.  You have done a wonderful job.  You go girl!!!!  You deserve to be able to enjoy this new body of yours.  I am 5 months out and have surpassed my goal and even though I am skinny my body is a mess and having a hard time enjoying the new me.  If I was in a finacial situation to allow me to have plastic surgery done girl I would do it in a heart beat so go for it and enjoy the new upcoming fabulous you.  Good luck!!!
MovingOn09
on 8/23/11 3:49 am - Biddeford, ME
PublicServant
on 8/20/11 5:14 am - Portland, ME
Hi Jen,

Can I ask you who you are seeing for a plastic surgeon?
MovingOn09
on 8/23/11 3:48 am - Biddeford, ME
 I will be seeing John Atwood at Maine Plastic and Hand .
KathigME
on 9/5/11 8:08 am - Gorham, ME
Plastic and Hand is the best!  I saw Dr Claytor aka Dr Cutie. But he moved to Portsmouth. Best of luck to you!!!

Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
Most Active