Summer / Fall

DavidReed
on 9/8/11 9:14 pm
Summer is winding down, fall is winding up...it won't be long and we'll be knee-deep in Thanksgiving and holiday parties!!!

How is everyone doing?  Doing well?  Sticking to it this summer, and getting lots of activity???

I took a little break (more than a week, less than two) from my regular activity (swimming at the Y), but I also tried something new called the Spartacus workout...yipes...not for the faint of heart!  One of my co-workers does it (a former Marine, mind you...)...I was sore for DAYS...I mean, it was about 6 days before I even felt normal again...and my level wasn't as intense as his...lucky for me, a caught a break when he and his wife had a baby on the 7th day, and he took a week off...hahaha!  RECOUPERATE!!!

The Y (Waldo County) has since fixed their pool (it was closed for over a week, to replace the boilers), and is back up and working now, and got a nice swim in yesterday.

Everyone enjoyed their summer, I hope!!!  They are to short here in Maine...but makes us appreciate it all the more!!!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

micbrook
on 9/20/11 11:16 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
 Hi  David  Sounds like you have a plan and are doing great.   It  has been a good summer and  i wi**** would not end.   I walked the Komen Race on Sunday in Bangor  that is my  4th year and  I would never of been able to do it before surgery.

Take care and have a great fall.

Patty

Most Active