Home

OBRN
on 10/14/11 3:00 am
This is my first full day home from the hospital. So far so good with only one little snag... a urinary tract infection.  Waiting for the surgeon's office to call back. Surgery wise though I have had very little pain for which I am grateful.  The EMMC nurses were all great.  I am more tired than I thought I would be.  I am not able to eat/drink more than 4-6 ounces at meals, although I don't think this is unusual so close to the surgery. 
Dlevesque
on 10/14/11 3:23 am - waterville, ME
I'm glad surgery went well for you. Hopefully the UTI will go away soon. Keep us posted!

Kittycat89
on 10/14/11 8:09 am - ME
Kittycat89
on 10/14/11 8:17 am - ME
OBRN, Congrats on your surgery !!! Ys it is normal not to beable to drink alot at first , Just remember SIP,SIP, SIP !!!! It will get better soon! Keep up the reat work and remember this is a new start for you !!!!!!  Keep your head up and before you know it the pounds will be melting away !!! If you have any question feel free to contact me !!!
Bkritty
on 10/17/11 12:01 am
Hey! I had Dr. Toder and am from Waterville as well! You must be getting ready to start your two week liquid diet soon here! It is not as bad as it sounds....just get through the first day or two and then it seems to go by without to much agony! We are going to start having a support group at inland hospital in Waterville in 2012 so hope to see you there! Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Kristie

Dlevesque
on 10/20/11 4:07 am - waterville, ME
It's not bad at all. I've been trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off food.

micbrook
on 10/16/11 10:55 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Welcome to the losers  bench and congratulations.

the biggest thing that we have to do the first few weeks is not to dehydrate so sip sip sip is the norm and all the time.

It could take you  an hour to get  4 to six ounces in just keep sipping.  

It is gonna feel like you are sipping all the time and that is how it should be.   That is the most important things to do  especially since you have a uti.

Take care and  have a wonderful journey

Patty

Bkritty
on 10/16/11 11:57 pm
Congrats on your surgery! You will do well...just follow whatever instructions your surgeon gave you and soon you will reap the amazing rewards. We are all here for you when or if you need us!

Kristie

DavidReed
on 10/17/11 10:43 am
Hey Kristie!

I see you are doing great!!!

-David
"Hello, my name is David, and I am a nutritional over-achiever..."

Bkritty
on 10/18/11 3:04 am
Hey David! Thanks...looks like you are doing great as wel! Yay!!! Will you be at support group tonight? I have missed the last few but I am finally going to make it tonight! Hope to see you there!

Kristie

Most Active