4 weeks...

sun4me21
on 10/20/11 11:22 am - sabattus , ME
I know that some of u dont know me but i started a while ago and just had surgery almost 4 weeks ago.   I have lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. but this week i have not list a pound.  any advice from people who have alrdy had surgery?  How often did u lose, how much did u lose in 6 weeks? im just so nervous that it wont work for me and i did this for nothing! please help, i feel soo helpless.
 Jessica                  NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOU!!!

Bkritty
on 10/21/11 2:57 am
Hi Jessica,

Try as best as you can not to focus on the scale too much in the beginning (easier said than done right?). Many people experience a stall or two in the first couple of months and it can be easy to get caught up in the numbers. As long as you are following your surgeons plan and getting in your water and protein and vitamins the weight will come off. As far as how much everyone else has lost goes...it is going to vary a great deal depending on their plan and also on how much they needed to lose to begin with so its very individualized. I just went through almost three weeks with NO weight loss so I completely understand your frustration and concerns but just keep doing what you should be doing and you will be successful :)

Kristie

GrandmaSusan
on 10/27/11 9:08 am - ME
If you are following the plan, you will lose.  I tend to lose 3-4 lbs at a time.  Then I plateau, and a week or so later, drop another 2-3-4.  It seems to be very individual.. Hang in there.  Susan
My Name is Susan & I'm a Happy Loser!!

oldbooknewlook
on 10/29/11 3:59 pm - Yarmouth, ME
 Don't stress about it.  Stalls are normal.  Just keep doing the right things and your body will catch up and respond again.  I had a 3 week-long stall at about 2 months post-op and I was very frustrated and worried.  I checked with my NUT to make sure I was doing everything right, and just kept doing what I was told to do.  Sure enough, the weight loss restarted eventually.  And I've lost 65 lbs. in 13 weeks, so don't sweat it.  If it still won't budge after a few weeks, definitely call your NUT - they'll help you trouble shoot!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

Most Active