2 more days

TX M.
on 7/12/03 12:41 pm - Tx
Two more days and it is MY big day! Time has flown. So far I am still not overly excited or nervous. I just want it over with. I am excited for what my life might/will be like a year from now, but how anyone can get excited over MAJOR surgery and the recovery is beyond me. LOL I am sure I will be nervous within 24 hours, if I am not then something has to be wrong with me. Could I be dreaming? Lordy, can you imagine waking up and it has been all a big dream! LOL By the way, my vacation was great, no better place then Maine to live and vacation! Kids were fairly good, as well was DH. Ate too much, didnt walk enough and even got slightly dehydrated, but on Caseys advice I have been drinking all day to day (WATER) and plan on being ready for Tuesday. Funny thing happened today, all of a sudden I was worried I do not have anything here at home for when I get home after wls. Anyone want to share what I should have for food here when I get home? I am taking chapstick with me, do I need a fan? I HATE being hot when I am uncomfortable. How is the hospital staff? I think I am going to be having my period, do I need to bring my own pads? Did anyone bring their own nightgowns? What about slippers? I just remembered I used my last good pair of summer slippers, they look all raggy now, I am extremely hard on slippers. I have a hand held yahtzee game that I love to play, do you think I should bring it? BigBrother4 is on now, how much will I want to or be able to watch TV. ****laughs YES,all this week on vacation I was thinking of these questions and MORE. They seem laughable but at the same time I would like to know what you all think. HELP! lol
jen091172
on 7/12/03 9:16 pm - Surry, ME
I know yogurt is one thing you will want at home. I also bought non fat powder milk and add a tablespoon of it to different think so I can get 3 extra grams of protein. I had a fan that the hospital provided in my room and asked them to turn it on as soon as I got in the room and it never went off till I left. You don't need to bring your own pads but I did, I didn't wan the extra charge on my hospital bill and didn't feel that if I did start my period everyone needed to know about it. But luckily I didn't start till after I got home. Don't bring a nightgown they won't allow you to wear it, and don't wear any jewelry, perfumes, make-up, or nail polish to the hospital. You don't need your slippers either, went they have you change into the Johnny for surgery they will give you a pair of slipper socks, and if you need another pair during your stay because one got wet or something just ask and they will give you another pair.You probably won't get any real TV time in, or time to play your game. Sleeping and walking where the main things I did. hope this helps. Best wishes for your recovery.
Jo Ann B.
on 7/13/03 11:33 pm - South Berwick, ME
My prayers are with you this morning, Theresa! Take care of yourself, leave the kids to your Mom and we will talk to you soon
TX M.
on 7/14/03 2:06 am - Tx
JoAnn you are just the sweetest thing!!! Thanks for being so wonderful and caring. I wish you didnt have your profile blocked so we could all learn more about you, but I understand that privacy means a lot. For some reason my privacy didn't matter quite after being on site for a while. I think we all start to see we are like everyone else. Once again thank you for being YOU!
Most Active