Feeling better

TX M.
on 7/22/03 8:58 pm - Tx
Hi all my Maine buddies. Today is my 8th day post-op and can finally say I am feeling better. I just wish I could sleep better. I had my first BM since the day before surgery, I won't get into details but I will say it was NOTHING like I experienced ever before. LOL I am completely off the pain killers, though I am still sore. When I lean to one side or the other I can actually FEEL my insides shift, it is an odd sensation, plus it is uncomfortable enough that I still can not lay on my side. I think I may call my PCP about going back on Effexor. Even though my head finally feels fine I am getting very weepy over silly little things, I want to prevent myself from hitting a hard depression that often happens after anyone has major surgery. Before I forget I wanted to say the nurses, NTs and staff of Merriot Floor at EMMC are the BEST! I especially liked Wendy and Sally. Sally is the nurse that goes to the support groups once a month to talk about wls. She is always very encouraging but will tell you how it is. Even though I live near Augusta I would not hesitate to go back to EMMC for anything that might come up that requires surgery in the future. DH says he will NOT go through another surgery with me. LOL Hopefully enough time will pass before I want a TT so he will forget how hard this has been on him. Well it is thundering here, I should go. Thank you to everyone that has supported me!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/03 11:15 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Theresa- So glad to hear you are feeling better. I also had problems sleeping on my side for a couple weeks after surgery. Good luck on the depression thing. Lynda
Jo Ann B.
on 7/23/03 12:22 am - South Berwick, ME
Hi Theresa, It's great to hear that you are feeling better! Thanks for all the valuable information you have shared with us regarding your surgery. God Bless you and your DH, too! Take care
Casey L.
on 7/24/03 10:56 pm - Old Town, ME
I am so glad to hear that everything went so well for you. I know what you mean when you say it feels weird when you move. I felt it too, I'd bet everyone does. It's because the wound hasn't healed. I didn't feel it after a few weeks. I hope the depression thing doesn't become a problem for you. Maybe try getting to the support group meetings more often to talk? I was fortunate enough to not have that happen. Wendy was such a sweetie, must be the same one I had. Just curious, is DH your husband? You might not need a TT so tell him not to worry. Good luck to you and as always email with questions. ~Casey
Most Active