Life is much better and lighter!

TX M.
on 7/24/03 11:28 pm - Tx
I am doing pretty well these days, though I did have a VERY rough morning yesterday. I tried going back on effexor but I vomited. I think that set my wound back at least 2 days. It was the worst thing, most painful thing that I can ever remember.They gave me something else to try to take the edge off the effexor withdrawals instead of putting me back on it like I wanted, but it didnt work and until my regular PCP comes back I dont want to do anything else. Right now I am eating 1 tsbp of peanut butter, then I am going to cut the effexor dosage in half and try it one more time. I PRAY i have no bad reaction this time. I figure peanut butter sticks to the tummy better then other things. Also, my first day home from the hospital DH (husband) weighed and measured me. I was 1 pound heavier according to my scale then the hospitals on the day I had surgery. So........................ The day I weighed at home I was 235 lbs, as of last night I was 218. That is 17 lbs in 10 days! I am still not sure if what I have gone through is worth it for those 17 but I am not going to complain at this point. LOL OOPs, have to go save the fish from the cat, have a great day!
kilpatcin
on 7/25/03 3:58 am - Bangor, ME
Congratulations Teresa! Don't get discouraged, life does get much better once you have healed. You will be even more amazed at how well you feel once you are healed. 17 lbs in 10 days in great! I had 17 lbs in 12 days, I am now at 27.5 lbs according to my PCP's scales yesterday. Keep up your spirits, life does get better as time heals.
Most Active