Has anyone heard from Jo Ann Beaudette ?

TX M.
on 7/31/03 10:54 am - Tx
Jo Ann had surgery on the 28th, I was wondering how she is doing.
Jo Ann B.
on 8/1/03 12:08 am - South Berwick, ME
Hi Theresa! I am ON THE OTHER SIDE! LOL! Been waiting to say that since the winter of 2001!!!! Had my Roux-En-Y surgery Monday am, was extremely uneventful. I walked about three hours out of recovery - didn't like morphine, nor oxycodone - extra strength tylenol worked best for me. Had an uneventful hospital stay. Tuesday, I walked and visited with Dr. Cobean's other patients. The nurses and doctors all told me I was ahead of the curve, which I found very encouraging and I think that inspired me to do even better. I came home early Wednesday am, and I have had some good moments, and some very bad. Gas is a horrible thing. In my 46 years, I have never been real good at expelling it - and I have never before thought of that as a liability - but oh my go**** IS! I wish I could puncture myself to let this gas out... I tell ya... another awful experience was the dreaded DUMPING. My first meal at home, I carefully followed directions and measured myself a 1/4 cup each of small curd light cottage cheese, and 1/4 cup of blended baby bananas. It tasted so GOOD - then - all of a sudden - my heart started beating irratically, I broke out into a sweat like I have never before experienced. My arms and legs turned into spaghetti - total weakness - I had ZERO strength. Thank God, my husband was home, I know I wouldn't have made it to my bed on my own. I went to bed, moaning, "What have I done to myself???" And two hours later, I woke up, and felt fine. I don't know why I had such a reaction. I do know though, that it will be a long time before I think about eating BANANAS!!!! All in all, I feel so blessed to have had this oppurtunity for renewed good health. My best wishes and prayers go out to everyone, in every stage of this journey.
Most Active