Has anyone recently had VSG with Dr. Mark Pleatman from Michigan?

janazee
on 6/3/13 8:45 pm

If you have recently had your surgery by Dr. Pleatman please share your experience.  Surgery is coming up this week and just want to know what to expect.  Thanks! enlightened

Herbie55
on 6/4/13 3:01 am - MI

My surgery was in March of 2011. I went from 257 down to 143, and then had a hysterectomy in Oct of last year and gained 20 pound back. Having a hard time getting it back off, but I will. If you have been on this website for any amount of time, you have it made. The surgery itself isn't any big deal, it's all about what you do. Do not overeat! The worst feeling in the world is when you take one bite too much and start to get "the feeling". You will not like the projectile vomiting experience. Take things slow, follow the advice of people on here and you should do great. Best of luck.

Denise

sreed1966
on 7/3/13 10:33 am - Livonia, MI

Sorry this is a bit late.  I had my lap band removed and a VSG by Dr. Pleatman back in Dec. 2009.  I've done great and have maintained my weight for 2 years.  It's definitely a mind issue  after surgery.  I was pretty "*****y" for a while.  It gets better with each day and a few months out you are eating like a normal person (just a bit less).  Good Luck!  Pleatman doesn't have the best bedside manner in the world, but he was really great with me.  I had a few issues just due to my lapband and he was always a phone call away.

janazee
on 7/4/13 2:10 am
On July 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM Pacific Time, sreed1966 wrote:

Sorry this is a bit late.  I had my lap band removed and a VSG by Dr. Pleatman back in Dec. 2009.  I've done great and have maintained my weight for 2 years.  It's definitely a mind issue  after surgery.  I was pretty "*****y" for a while.  It gets better with each day and a few months out you are eating like a normal person (just a bit less).  Good Luck!  Pleatman doesn't have the best bedside manner in the world, but he was really great with me.  I had a few issues just due to my lapband and he was always a phone call away.

Hello sreed and thank you for your response.  Yes, Dr. Pleatman did a wonderful job with my son. His surgery was June 6tH, and he was off pain meds and up and around the very next day. I'm very happy we had him as our surgeon, he is excellent, knowledgeable, and very experienced in this field. 

My son has been feeling great and losing at a rate of a pound a day, so far he's down 51 lbs in one month.  He's very careful of what he puts in his mouth, and makes sure he gets his water, protein, and vitamins in each day. 

Again, thank you for your response. Glad we had Dr. Pleatman as our VSG surgeon! 

Most Active
Recent Topics