Persistent Dragon Butt

rickpete
on 4/7/11 12:36 am - Elk River, MN

Persistent Dragon Butt

Weight loss surgery creates many changes in your life; most are good, some are very difficult, and a few are just plain weird.  During the rapid weight loss phase, many people wake up in the morning with ketosis-driven dragon breath of the sort that neither mouthwash nor brushing your teeth can even begin to address.  I don’t think that I have that kind of dragon breath in the morning any more, but at almost 3 years out I do know that I have persistent dragon butt.  For the first hour after I wake up all sources of open flame must be avoided for fear that I might be responsible for incinerating my surroundings.  Seriously.  It even embarrasses ME sometimes, the man who thinks every fart reference in a book or a movie is funny, who has written and publicly disclosed poetry and prose related to the joy of farting, and who, at age 50, is still proud of being able to make exceptionally loud fake fart sounds. 

Am I the only one who suffers from this dreaded malady?

RP

kimbee1022
on 4/7/11 1:01 am - Saint Paul, MN
Thank you so much!!!!  I was one (and a woman) would never admit I FART!!!  Hell -NO not me!!! omg....since my surgery ...I have not stopped!!   
Kimberly

rickpete
on 4/7/11 10:59 pm - Elk River, MN
Perhaps there should be an annual farting contest for WLS folks called Fartapalooza..
DragonGirl
on 4/7/11 2:53 am - MN
Considering my nickname and my love for Dragons...could we re-name this malady something else?? Maybe like Platypus Butt...or  Orangutan Butt?? 

I know...I know...it just doesn't have the same ring to it!!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
rickpete
on 4/7/11 11:08 pm - Elk River, MN
Orangutan butt occurs when one's backside becomes an incendiary device.  Not sure what platypus butt might be.
Yelena K.
on 4/7/11 7:53 pm - Plymouth, MN
 I have the opposite problem.. haha. I want to fart but I can't. I keep threatening my husband that I will fart on his head but when I try... it's a no-go. 

I'm so romantic... I know. 

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

rickpete
on 4/7/11 11:16 pm - Elk River, MN
If you really need to fart on your husband's head, you might consider consuming more fiber, including beans.  It might be even more romantic if you made him purchase the beans himself.
Darla S.
on 4/8/11 12:31 am - Maple Grove, MN
Ah, yes.... FARTS.  One of my personal favorite subjects!  (And WHY THE HELL IS THAT???)

After putting up with my husband's impressive gas for almost 17 years with hardly more than a pathetic little SQUEAK in rebuttal  (hehe... I said 'butt' - sort of !),  WLS has pretty much helped me catch up.  

Actually, tho, I've probably surpassed him in the 'odor' category.  He can still blow me away in sheer volume and duration (seriously?  I need to put a noise-activated stop watch on his night stand just to document the LENGTH of his farts  ). 

But for pure noxiousness? 
 I WIN!!!   

I don't seem confined to morning, tho.  In fact, I'm a round-the-clock farter.  If I had to identify any particular setting that seems prominant, I'd have to say - with my kids, in a moving car, in the dead of winter.  That's when I really shine 

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

rickpete
on 4/8/11 12:48 am - Elk River, MN
Well, congratulations on your superior olfactory capability!   I should have clarified that while morning is the most productive part of my day, that I don't hold back during the rest of the day...or when I sleep, apparently.
Samantha F.
on 4/8/11 2:57 am - Saint Paul, MN
Oh My!  Yes, I do have to agree that the flatulence dragon has entered my life and is making no move to leave.  It's gotten so bad that I do my best to wait until I'm alone for fear of scaring small children and animals. 
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1370 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2614 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2695 views