SWAPSKINS

Jen F.
on 9/23/11 8:17 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Hello Darlings! Long time no post on my part.

Does Swakins still exist? I've got loads of clothes to share and I could use some myself.

Jen
(RNY Aug '06)
redsnapper1975
on 9/24/11 4:52 am
I don't know if it still exists, but I would love to get in on a swap!

~ Kim

Shanneee
on 9/24/11 2:25 pm - MN
I'm intrigued- Swakins?  Whatever it is, I like the idea of it!  I need new clothes!

Jen F.
on 9/24/11 3:15 pm - Minneapolis, MN
OK, Swapkins was a chance for everyone to bring all the clothes that no longer fit, and pick up clothes that do. No money changes hands. The goal was to have this once every 3 months or so. Anything left over would go to charity.
Only clean clothes in good condition are welcome.

I can set up something in October if people are interested.
If you're interested, please reply to this post so I know how many folks there are. If we get enough, I'll set it up in the Twin Cities.

Jen
Darla S.
on 9/26/11 12:15 am - Maple Grove, MN
Hey Jen - long time, no see!

I think the last actual 'Swapkins' was at Edi and Linda's house over a year ago.  PNC hosted a clothing swap at one of the June support group meetings, but I think it would be nice to see something metro-wide again.  I've just become too dang busy to do it myself 

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

DragonGirl
on 9/26/11 12:51 am - MN
I would love love love to get in on a swap meet! I'm pretty sure I have some things to share! I'm in desperate need of Winter clothes! I'm freezing all the time! LOL! I'm taking a size 10 in most everything now, medium shirts, and depending on the item, sometimes a 12 in jeans. I have some 16's and large and extra large tops as well, to share.

Let me know!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Jen F.
on 9/26/11 8:53 am - Minneapolis, MN
I'm not seeing a big major thrill on this (I know, it's only been a few days, butback in the day OH was HOT with postings).
I have 3 IKEA bags of clothes in mostly large, extra large, 16-20. I need to get this stuff out of my apartment a.s.a.p.
I live in Bloomington right near 35W and 494. If you take one, you must take all. I need a response by Wednesday noon, otherwise it's all going to ARC.
XOXO
vacationlover
on 10/11/11 11:03 pm
I would LOVE to get involved with this!!!!  I have a bunch of clothes in sizes 20-24, 1X-3X (and an awesome 4X peacoat) that I would love to give away :).  My pants are all petite.  I am looking for 16WP and 16P pants, and Extra Large & Large shirts.

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Darla S.
on 10/13/11 2:51 am - Maple Grove, MN
Currently, there isn't anything planned. 

It has been held in private homes (although that can be really snug, and not necessarily the safest route since anyone can read these posts and find it), park shelters, and apartment complex community rooms.  Usually, it's for 2-3 hours on a Saturday afternoon, and we've had everyone bring something potluck to share, to make it a WLS-friendly social event! 

Also, if there was a cost to renting a facility for the event, the host would understandably ask for a $5-10 donation to help cover the cost.  Not a bad deal, when you consider the fact you may go home with several hundred dollars worth of clothes!

So if anyone feels up to it, feel free to take the bull by the horns and just DO IT.  I've done it in the past, but am too busy with two jobs these days.  Plus I've been maintaining and haven't had any clothes to get rid of for a couple of years now, for which I'm very thankful! 

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1413 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1166 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2634 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2713 views