Medical Issues

Kim D.
on 10/13/11 4:40 am - Big Lake, MN
Hello all - haven't been on this forum in quite a while but wanted opinions on my medical issues.  I am 7 1/2 yrs post-surgery (RNY on 6/7/04).  Originally lost 120 lbs but have gained back 50.  Have had chronic diahrrea for 3 months straight, and can barely control it sometimes.  I also have recurring stomach pains (not sharp pains, but dull aches that last most of the morning - I've gotten used to them).  My latest symptom is vertigo - it started a couple days ago and hasn't entirely went away.

Possible self-diagnoses include Celiac's disease, diabetes, pancreatitis or just plain old poor choices.  I take vitamins daily and haven't made a change to my eating habits that would coincide with the timing.  I finally made a doctor appointment for Monday, but I'm not looking forward to going.  I do not have a PCP so this guy is brand new and I really don't think he'll find anything wrong.

I haven't been to my surgeon's office in a couple years (have my labs done at my yearly GYN exam), because I'm embarrassed about the weight gain.  It's easier to hide behind a computer screen than it is to face someone who isn't going to listen to the excuses.

Any advice/ideas??

Thanks!
Kim
RNY 6/7/04
post-op baby 11/8/06
285.5 (pre-op) . . . . . .163 (lowest post-op) . . . . . .192 (current)
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 6:06 am - Clear Lake, MN
My advice would be to go back to your bariatric doctor.....I know it's hard, but that's the best place to start, not to mention you should get your labs checked....

Good luck, Kelly

Darla S.
on 10/14/11 12:35 am, edited 10/14/11 12:35 am - Maple Grove, MN
With all due respect, the only advice I would offer is to not seek medical advice here - none of us are qualified, you probably already realize that. Don't let fear or humiliation get in the way of getting proper medical diagnosis and treatment.

You already made your appointment - just go. If the doc you'll be seeing is new to you, then he shouldn't have any pre-conceived notions about what's going on.

Good Luck ~

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1365 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1142 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2607 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2693 views