SWAPKS Update - Nov12, Location TBA

Jen F.
on 10/28/11 11:15 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hey gang,
Things have been pretty quiet. I've only heard from a couple of people about SWAPKINS.

Most places either require me to rent them or put down a deposit. While, SWAPKINS is my baby, and I love you ALL, I need to know people are going to show before I secure space. All are handicap accessible with parking near the building and a place to pull up to drop off and pick up.

SO
Will you come to a clothes swap (no money is exchanged, period) on November 12 late morning-ish to afternoon-ish in the Twin Cities? I need to hear from you.

Get yourself some lovely-new-to-you clothes for free? Finally part with all of those things in you closet that don't fit the way they should? The holidays are coming and this is a chance to get something to wear. All contributions should be clean, in good condition without stains or holes. Everything will be arranged in the space by size - drop your stuff on the right size table and "shop" your size.  Anything not claimed by the end of the event will be donated to charity.

The first event was oriented with WLS folks in mind since we go through clothes so quickly and buying a new coat/pants/etc every few months isn't cost-effective. It is called SWAPKINS because it is a clothing swap, and the first was held in Hopkins, MN in 2006.

I'm sure something like this might be intersting to non-surgery people too. All are welcome. Bring some stuff to contribute. Plan on taking stuff with you.  All bringers will get a free large IKEA bag to take your goodies home. This is intended to be an event of good will and community supporting. WHO'S IN?
redsnapper1975
on 10/28/11 11:37 am
I'm in.  I have bunches of 3X 26/28 and some 2X 22/24, maybe a couple 20s.  Looking for 18W and 18/20 tops.  Even my shoes are too big- I'd love to get some stuff that fits for free!  
~ Kim

Jen F.
on 10/28/11 11:58 am - Minneapolis, MN
The day I realized my shoes were too big was the first day I really understood I was shrinking. I almost started crying.

I've posted this as an open event on FaceBook which is a GREAT way to RSVP *hint* *hint* Please feel free to share the event link with others, this is an open invite.

SWAPKINS Clothing Swap on FaceBook
Jen F.
on 10/28/11 1:15 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Good Grief, why can't I seem to get the name right on the message header? Sheesh.

SWAPKINS SWAPKINS SWAPKINS
vacationlover
on 10/30/11 2:40 am
I'm in!!!  I'm bringing in a bunch of 3X things, some 2X things, and an awesome 4X peacoat.

Hopefully someone will be bringing some 1X and XL stuff that I can take  :)

Have you thought about "advertising" this event on some of the main boards?  I think there are some people on there who don't realize that this MN forum exists...

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Michelle R.
on 10/30/11 10:42 pm - Gaylord, MN

Jen... Thank you for doing this... I already have it on my calendar and am planning on being there. I have clothes size 26/28 (3x-4x) that I will be bringing plus I have never really cleaned out my closets and have 3 kids ages 8 (boy) 14 (boy) and 16 (girl) and a husband (size XL-XXL) so if there is a need for any other sizes of clothing (Infants-adults) please let me know and I will be happy to bring some of those as well if anyone is interested... I am about an hour southwest of Minneapolis and have a few friends in the area, both WLS and non-WLS who I know would be interested so I could possibly get at least one car-load (if not 2) full of ladies... Michelle

Mary M.
on 10/31/11 12:46 am - Minneapolis, MN
Late morning/very early afternoon would work for me.  My sister will have just had her surgery.  I have clothes to bring, and I am in 2x or so, and in need of stuff.

Thanks!
Mary

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you CAN do."  John Wooden

I'm down 120 pounds - thanks to RNY!  Working on the next 25.  Then I'll tackle more...
DragonGirl
on 10/31/11 6:32 am - MN
I'm in! I'll have some stuff of varying sizes as well!
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1377 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1149 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2621 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2702 views